What's new

Six Feet Under 7/11/04 (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Now this was a return to form for Six Feet Under's previous pedrigree of entertaining episodes.

Loved the "Dump" truck.

Loved the "Joe's point of view" camera work. Nate's bad timing interrupted some kinky play between Brenda and Joe.

Loved David's passive-aggressive answer machine message when showing his disgust at Keith for not outing himself at his new security job.

Brenda and Joe having dinner with her mom and Olivier was a fun scene. Her mother really knows how to push Brenda's buttons.

Please get rid of Russell...soon... Peter Facinelli makes an appearance as a guy that the newly empowered Claire picks up and later attempts to get to know better, but that rendevous ends up with little follow through.

I'm not digging Ruth becoming so shrill, but the visit with her long lost step-son was amusing.

Rico might actually be getting a clue.

David has to face Jennifer after her father dies from being struck by lightning, and she takes the opportunity to lash out at him for being the love of her life and being gay. They replaced the original Jennifer with the actress that played Danny's wife on "Boston Public" (and now with brunette hair color).

Nate chases a dog from the park and is led to a psychic whose cryptic utterances lead him to think that his wife Lisa might still be alive. Lisa's sister thinks Nate has lost it after sharing this information with her.

Thomas Reagan

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Thomas
One question:

Did I miss the significance of Jennifer's father making creepy comments to the woman at the office building other than to show that he was....a creepy guy? Perhaps they'll revisit this if Jennifer returns in a future episode?

Thos.

Chuck Mullen

Stunt Coordinator

I think this was only to throw us off the trail as far as who would get killed in the opening segment. You know, "This guy is so creepy he must be going to kill this nice lady."

One-liner of the night goes to Ruth. "Of course he is a part of your life if he's sending you shit in the mail!"

Everlasting Gobstopper

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mark

Well, I don't think it's that he was just being creepy. Jennifer told David about how depressed he had become after he divorced her mother, so while it definitely was creepy, it also fit within the framework of plausibility for his character.

For me, the best line of the night was "The funeral was awesome! I think the old guy would have liked it."

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member

Too late, as he is also getting persistent phone calls on his cell. I think that we are heading for a Fatal Attraction-type happening.

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
yep...if anyone watched the preview for next week, we have an idea of what to expect there.

so is claire gonna go exploring the dark side (pun sorta intended) or what? ;)

and what was up with that psychic? gotta admit that whole scene was kinda bizarre. not sure where that's gonna lead to.

and, really now, wtf was up with the sister asking for money when taking the baby to lego-land? that was bizarre.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
While Nate was a bit stoned, I think he thought the psychic was talking about Lisa, but I think she was talking about Brenda.

Who gets stoned and then goes jogging?

phil-w

Stunt Coordinator

Exactly what I said to my wife when that scene came on. It seemed pretty rediculous to me!

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone

I said the same thing to my friend :)

The whole scene seemed a little Twin Peaksy, but I'm pretty sure Nate was imagining everything.

David Fisher

Stunt Coordinator

Heh... I'm pretty sure that are some pot smokers on the bike/jog trails in Austin. My SFU group thinks that Nate is the perfect "granola guy", and took his toke "in stride" with his character.

I have enjoyed the first episodes of this season. I didn't really care too much for Lisa (reminds me of an ex-girlfriend), and my dislike of her skewed my satisfaction of Season Three. I now realize that it was much better than I realized, and I can't wait to see how much further these characters can explore their world.

What else does George have to hide? Is this son the last secret? If so, will he become another addition to the Fisher clan? Ruth's love is remarkable, but not syrup-cheap (like you would expect in a soap opera).

Yes, Russell needs to get a rare show at the Whitney and move to NYC and off of the show. Claire has returned to her witty and poignant form this season, and she doesn't need him or his input to deal with her emotions over the abortion. (And he was just hideously ugly in the funeral home.)

Rico is pretty deep in trouble, and it's going to be great entertainment to see him get out of it. I really like David and Keith, but their relationship is a little monotonous. Good for real people, but a little boring for premium cable. They need to "sponsor" a swim team or host a European exchange student or something. (Just kidding, of course. No other couple on television is paired with smarter, sophisticated dialogue IMO.)

Great episode, and I hope that this can finally bury my fear that Nate was going to have some type of quasi-"Scott Peterson" arc.

Marc Fedderman

Second Unit
Lisa's sister hitting Nate up for money was unseemly. She later solidified her role as a callous bitch, by shitting all over her grieving brother-in-law, after hearing that he visited a psychic. Way to be supportive. My girlfriend and I debated whether Lisa's sister or Brenda's mom was the bigger harpy. As demonic as she is, I find Brenda's mom thoroughly engaging. I hope she appears more as the season progresses.

Anyone else catch Claire's absurdly esoteric Bjork reference? I'm sure the 25 people who got the joke were pleased ;).

Throw Ruth into the mix and, on the whole, this episode was a great showcase for the female characters on the show.

ZacharyTait

Senior HTF Member
I was at work and got home about 3 minutes after it started. During a lull I asked what the death at the beginning was. My friend said that it was David's ex-fiancee's Dad and that he was struck by lightning. Any guesses as to what my response was? :)

I said "Was he playing golf, like the bishop in Caddyshack?" :)

Jean D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jean D

I have a friend who gets stoned before he goes to the gym. He's no joke either, the kid is a house. I think it helps him concentrate and tune out other people. He doesnt do cardio however. But I didnt see a problem with Nate's character getting stoned before his jog.

Marc Fedderman

Second Unit

In re her infatuation with the vapid artist hunk, Claire said something like, "He's the Matthew Barney of this school and I'm so not Bjork." It got a snicker out of me. Mostly I was just surprised I got the reference :).

For the personal edification of those who don't know, Barney is the artist cum filmmaker husband of Bjork.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Actually, I thought Nate needed that rant, just to set him straight. I don't know if I would have put it that harshly to his face, but she said what I was thinking. I really hope they don't drag on the "Lisa might be alive" storyline with Nate. Hopefully, this "reality check" set him straight.

Jean D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jean D
I was wondering why the Psychic talked about Nates father watching over him but yet, there wasnt a message from him. perhaps its because nate acctually talks to his father so nothing needed to be talked about.

You know, its probably stupid of me, but I sometimes think that Nate didnt like the funeral business because he could communicate with the deceased as a kid. Sometimes the visions of his seem so real and he handles them as if he knows hes the only one who can see them and talk to them when they do appear. I dont know. it would be a cool twist at some point anyway. you could re-watch them and see where it would make sense, assuming they wrote it in correctly.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks