What's new

Show Off Your Pics (1 Viewer)

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
A few shots from the July 4th parade this morning in my hometown.

451A5602-X2.jpg

451A5654-X2.jpg

451A5720-X2.jpg

451A5729-X2.jpg

451A5741-X2.jpg

451A5761-X2.jpg

451A5772-X2.jpg

Mark Booth

Senior HTF Member
I got a 100mm f/2.8 IS macro lens a couple of months ago. Today I finally got around to trying it out and also experimenting with the Brenizer Method for creating images with shallow depth of focus (stitching multiple images together that were shot with a wide aperture telephoto lens to create an image that appears to have been shot with a wide angle lens). Of course, my favorite photography subject is our 2016 Miata. This image was created from more than 100 individual images that I stitched together in Photoshop (click the image for larger version).

Mark

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Hint. I drive a 2013 Honda CR-V.

But since I've been known to hang around doctor's offices a lot, I run into a fair amount of fancy cars in the parking lot. I don't think I'd ever seen an Aston Martin in person before.

But the Golden Retriever is mine!!

:D

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
You guys are killing me. I want a roadster badly, but my body type and wallet are not conducive to such things.
Yeah. Roadsters are great, but at 6' 6" with bad knees, assuming I could even get into one in the first place, I'd probably never be able to get out again. It tempers the coolness factor when you open the door and crawl across the ground to get out of a car.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Going back to the "This or That" pics I posted a couple weeks ago, I think there are two main things going on with the impressions. As someone suggested, the opinions of the lighter one might be different without the darker one next to it. Second, I think there is just this assumption that in B&W, the goal is always for the sky to be dark and foliage light. For years (probably more than 30) I've been wanting to replicate orthochromatic films in scenics in an appealing way. Every time I look at the lighter one by itself, I realize it's almost exactly what I've been wanting to create. I want the sky and clouds defined, but as light as they can be without losing depth. I might want to fine tune the lighter one, but it's pretty much what I have been trying to accomplish.

I'll post the lighter one again by itself. I left a little bit of the color, but it might work better if I didn't.

_DSC6403b.jpg

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
The Miata is snug, but the Boxster is fairly roomy for bigger guys.

Yeah I don't think a porsche is in my future. I might be able to swing a 350z or even a 370z but a moderately newish Porsche is unlikely. Ideally I'd get the refreshed 2019 Tesla Roadster but I might have to see BOTH kidneys to do that. =)

Will have to settle for car pics in meanwhile.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
This is something I thought of trying a few days ago. I gave it a shot with some macro pics I took today. I've tried it with a couple more. I can post them if anyone's interested. Deep down, I think the idea occurred to me thanks to the movie "What Dreams May Come."

_DSC3237-1.2k.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks