What's new

JVC 61 Inch DILA HDTV (LCOS) SOLD (1 Viewer)

hotrodguy

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Cliff
Hey guys, I upgraded my theater (which you can see in my pics) to a projector (new pics of theater coming soon) and I am now selling the TV. For those not familiar with it, it is the HD-61Z575 DILA 61" rear projection HDTV. DILA stands for Direct Drive Image Light Amplifier, it is not Plasma, LCD or DLP, it is a 3 chip LCOS display. LCOS stands for Liquid Crystal On Silicon and is better than all others except plasma. This is an absolutely beautiful display with fantastic picture quality.

It sold for about $3000 new, comes with original remote and a brand new spare bulb (a $99 value). I built a custom shelf for the center speaker, I'll include it if you need it for the same reason.

Obviously something this big will be local pickup only, I just hope there's another member here in L.A. that would love to get their hands it. I'm asking $300 for everything listed above. I also have a truck and can deliver if we make a deal so send me a PM and let's get this thing a new home.

Sorry I don't have better pics, I should have taken some more when I took it out of the room.

Here is the full description:

LCoS (Liquid Crystal on Silicon) has been one of the most eagerly-awaited big-screen TV display technologies. And one of the highest-performing LCoS designs is JVC's D-ILA (Direct-drive Image Light Amplifier). JVC has been building high-end D-ILA-based professional projectors for years, and their experience shows in every aspect of their ground-breaking big-screens.

The handsome 61" HD-61Z575 uses 1280 x 720-pixel D-ILA devices in a three-chip design. Unlike with conventional LCDs, light is reflected off, rather than passed through, the liquid crystal panels, which really improves brightness, contrast ratio and black level performance. And unlike DLP-based big-screens, the HD-52Z575 uses three image chips -- one each for red, green, and blue. The result is incredibly pure, natural-looking color.

D-ILA panels also provide the highest density of any digital display device -- pixels are packed very tightly, and the spaces between pixels are tiny. Pictures have the smooth, seamless look of a top-quality tube TV, but with pinpoint precision and consistency that tube-based big-screens can't match. The picture looks terrific right out of the box, and will stay that way!

The "H" in HD-ILA stands for high-def, and you'll want to connect an HDTV tuner as soon as possible, because HD's stunning clarity will knock your socks off! To help standard TV signals look closer to HD, the HD-61Z575 uses JVC's exclusive Digital Image Scaling Technology (D.I.S.T.), which upconverts lower-res video signals. Even on a screen this large, images will have more natural texture and depth.

Other proprietary JVC technologies ensure optimum picture quality at all times. The Four-Point Color Management System delivers vivid color reproduction by selecting four points from the color spectrum and adjusting each color separately. Performance is further enhanced by HD DSD circuitry, which works on still, fast- and slow-motion areas of the picture to maintain crisp, defined edges.

The HD-62Z575 has 5 A/V inputs, including two HD-compatible component video inputs, plus the latest digital connection: HDMI. With HDMI, a single cable carries video and multichannel audio signals! HDMI is also backward-compatible with DVI.

Specs:

*HDTV monitor (compatible with HDTV/SDTV formats -- when connected to a separate HDTV tuner -- and displays all signals at 720p)
*widescreen 16:9 aspect ratio
*JVC D-ILA 3-chip LCoS design (1280 x 720 pixels each)
*D.I.S.T. (upconverts all video signals to 720p)
*Natural Cinema 3-2 pulldown processing
*TheaterPro 6500K color temperature
*Four-Point Color Management System
*Motion Adaptive Dynamic Gamma Correction (DGC)
*HD Digital Super Detail (DSD)
*181-channel NTSC tuner
*Picture-in-Picture (split-screen)
*Built-in stereo speakers (10 watts x 2)
*Illuminated multibrand remote control
*Picture settings memory for each video input
*5 A/V inputs, including:
*4 composite video (3 rear, 1 side)
*3 S-video (2 rear, 1 side)
*2 rear-panel HD-compatible component video
(accepts 1080i/720p/480p/480i signals)
*1 rear-panel HDMI digital audio/video input with HDCP copy protection
*RF input for antenna/cable signals
*Energy Star® compliant
*57-1/4"W x 41"H x 18-3/8"D
*Weight: 98 lbs.

CIMG8114.JPG
CIMG6823.JPG
CIMG6824.JPG
CIMG8999.JPG
CIMG9000.JPG
CIMG9002.JPG
CIMG9005.JPG
CIMG9003.JPG
CIMG9004.JPG

hotrodguy

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Cliff
Hi all,

This TV has been sold.

Moderators please feel free to delete ad.

Thanks everyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treed99
Recent bookmarks