What's new

Show Off Your Pics (1 Viewer)

Brian L

Senior HTF Member

Lake Buena Vista, FLA. :)

I had a single day last week to spend at Walt Disney World, so I took the opportunity to check out the recently opened Avatarland.

Post #374 - #377 are the Mo'ara Valley of Pandora.

#378 is in the Asia section of Animal Kingdom.

The attention to detail in this park is off the charts.

Last edited:

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
A quick iPhone pic from some weekend travels to VT this weekend. This is actually in Ticonderoga, NY.

full

Brian L

Senior HTF Member

Actually, the section of Animal Kingdom around the Expedition Everest ride is designed to look like Tibet.

Joe Rohde, the Imagineer who led the design of the park would be pleased to know that you thought it really was Tibet.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
You guys are such suckers. ;)

The attention to detail it great, though.

Last edited:

DavidMiller

Screenwriter
Real Name
David Miller
Question for you guys. I have been working on scanning lots of 80-95 year old photos. Has anyone else done this kind of activity? If so, do you do a lot of work and what is good to change and what should you leave just like you found it. I have most scan them in at 600dpi then crop and auto color or contrast using photoshop. Here are the finished ones I have done so far. Have not done much corrections just because I'm feeling like changing it to much is even worse. Some of these have been in pretty bad shape.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dmiller68/albums/72157687827533805

Sample...
Lois_Porter_1_Year_02 by David Miller

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I've been refining the Photo/Oil Painting technique. Using layer masks is definitely the way to go. It opens the door to a lot more nuance and flexibility, plus it's just a better way to do a lot of things in Photoshop. I can't believe it took me this long to realize what it can do. These are some flowers at the folks' house.

View attachment 39772

Beautiful, John. My favorite one so far.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
David,

I scanned a bunch of old black & white family photos my dad found when going through his mother's house after she passed away a few years ago. I used Photoshop Elements, and ended up doing adjustments where necessary -- contrast/brightness, spot and tear removal, etc. They turned out pretty decent. Here are a couple:

My parents wedding:
Scan10008-X2.jpg

My dad. This one needed a lot of cleanup
Dadchild-X2.jpg

This one needed lots of work, too, if I recall
Army%203-X2.jpg

Here is a link to all the family photos I have scanned in the past few years, including some color photos. The color photo of the woman in the wedding dress with the young girl is my wife and our niece (she was our flower girl). Our 28th wedding anniversary is this Saturday.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I'm still trying to get a handle on the Lensbaby Velvet 85mm lens I got last week. I went to one of my favorite scenic areas yesterday, but we had a massive hail storm a couple weeks ago and all the foliage was pretty much destroyed, so it wasn't very productive. I did take this of my Grand Cherokee.

_DSC3670-1-blend-1.2k.jpg

And then, there's what that hail storm left behind.
_DSC3632-1.2k.jpg

Last edited:

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
While I'm at it, I'd never taken a selfie in my life, but I was downloading pics and had the camera sitting here with the Sigma 8-16mm on it, so I snapped this at 8mm. I tossed in some oil painting effect to obscure how messy my home office is.

_DSC3435-1.2k.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks