What's new

Shout factory doing great job (1 Viewer)

nikkif99uk

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Nikki Fineing

that would be pretty cool, although like the warner chats probs a time when in the UK I cannot do it but still would be good anyway

nikkif99uk

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Nikki Fineing
Anyone know who owns the rights to First Wave (1998) would love to see this show on DVD

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
I'd also like to see some hard to get stuff like more Afterschool specials and Weekend specials. BCI did okay with ABC AFterschool Specials but I haven't seen anything else in ages. There are a lot of treasures there just waiting to be dumped on DVDs for us. Little clips are available on youtube. Some of the features they used to play are available for sale, like "The Secret World of Og" and "Cougar". But, along with the BCI released Afterschool specials, it's precious little.

Also, PBS ran a series of shows called "Wonderworks" in the 80s. There are some real gems there too, like "All Summer in a Day". A non-bootleg (assuming non-bootleg) company has a dvd of that particular one but it's rediculously expensive at $60 for a little 28 minute film. :frowning:

I'd buy everything released from these mentioned...if the price is reasonable.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I spoke to Ron about a chat with Shout. I also gave him the name of the Shout rep who responds to people's requests on their web forum. Ron liked the idea and emailed the guy. So hopefully he can work it out.

vnisanian2001

Supporting Actor

Todd, if there ever will be a chat session with Shout, could you please ask them if some of their upcoming releases (such as California' Dreams and especially Mr. Belvedere) will have unedited episodes?

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell

I'll add my name for more SCTV! I never saw the Cinemax shows, not sure they aired in Canada, but there's so many classic eps pre-NBC I'd kill for. I'm dying to get my hands on a copy of "Sammy Maudlin Jr's Solid Gold Telethon" since my VHS copy vanished :frowning:

nikkif99uk

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Nikki Fineing
Which companies are more likely to give the rights to shout to release a show? Warner? Sony? Universal? Who owned the rights to Mr Belvedere, Room 222 and California Dreams

Art_AD

Stunt Coordinator
Well it looks like the deal is with 20th Century Fox as they own Rhoda, the Paper Chase & Room 222. All of which I will buy to support them. I hope Fox also licensed, Phyllis, The Ghost & Mrs Muir, Nanny & the Professor & a one season favorite Swiss Family Robinson.

Also maybe they licensed some MGM titles (As Fox is the current distrib) like The Patty Duke Show, My Mother The Car, Pruitts OF Southhampton, The Mothers in Law and More Flipper, Fame, Mr. Ed & Green Acres.

LCD22

Screenwriter
Someone please tell me they're bringing out an uncut and music intact Season 2 of "The Fall Guy".

Powell&Pressburger

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jack
I can't wait for RHODA this is such great news. FOX really slacked off on classic shows for the most part and to be honest I don't think they did great marketing.. even Bob Newhart when NEWHART was released was perplexed in a newspaper interview to the reasoning of releasing the First Season of NEWHART before the Bob Newhart Show was finished with their releases.

RHODA is a day one purchase for sure!

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
To Fox, there are no pre-Simpsons shows except Lost in Space and M*A*S*H.

This is all good news, I just hope Shout! doesn't overextend itself.

Brian Himes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
I have to agree. Shout is doing a great job. I just hope that they don't get into the same situation as some of the other studios did. Releasing too many shows at once so that the market is saturated and sales for the good shows slack off too much for them to complete them.

nikkif99uk

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Nikki Fineing
Hopefully they will stagger the releases to get the maximum sales out of them. So people can get them as they are released rather than buy one and then wait ages til they can get the next one.

nikkif99uk

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Nikki Fineing
Just added the companies who I think own the rights to the shows on my list. Anyone know who owns the rights to these two shows:

Medical Investigation (2004) starring Christopher Gorham and Anna Belknapp (Universal or Paramount)?
My Sister Sam (1986) starring Pam Dawber (anyone know who owns rights?)
A Year in the Life (1987) starring Sarah Jessica Parker and Adam Arkin

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
wow the paper chase ? ... i had forgot all about this show!. Being curious to refresh my memory. I went over to youtube to watch the tv intro. Right away i remembered this show. This will be a definate purchase for me.

here is the tv intro for those that care for a look.

YouTube - The Paper Chase (TV Series)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks