What's new

Should I be ashamed to admit to being a Journey fan? (1 Viewer)

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
I just saw the Styx/REO Speedwagon/Journey concert this past Sunday and it ROCKED!
Good Stuff!
I wasn't quite sure about a new singer for Journey (before I went to the show), but he did look and sound just like him. :emoji_thumbsup: He had a little bit of trouble with the really high notes, but who doesn't? :D

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
The only thing you should be ashamed of is if you actually like the video for "Separate Ways". :D

John Geelan

Screenwriter
I love Journey. They do have some great songs in their catalog.
No need to be ashamed.
Now if you liked Nelson, that would be another matter!:D

Peter Mazur

Second Unit
In the long run, who's cares if other people don't like them. All that matters is that you like them. If a particular band gives you pleasure, that's what counts.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
I was a Journey fan in the 80s when I was in my mid-30s. Some might say I should have been "old enough to know better" but I enjoyed their music. Now my 16 year old son has discoverd my Journey's Greatest Hits CD.

Tim Fennell

Stunt Coordinator
Count me in as another UFO fan. I am quite jealous that someone managed to see them. Strangers in the Night is in constant rotation in my car ( as is Thin Lizzy's Live & Dangerous )

I find Journey to be harmless. Not my favorite but not a cringe - like Nelson. Actually a heavy metal forum used to rag on a guy who liked both Nelson AND Warrant - remember them?

My life's highlight was plunking down in row 3 for Rush's Permanent Waves tour with a 35mm camera and a 200mm zoom lens. Someday I'll have to get a slide scanner and make jpegs...

Tim

Hunter P

Screenwriter
Too funny that this thread should revive when I was just admitting to a coworker the following:

Embarrassing Trivia Fact of the Day: I used to own the album "Play Deep" by the Outfield.

Bonus Embarrassing Trivia Fact of the Day: I used to rock to it while cruising in my 1984 Honda Accord while sporting a hairdo similar to that of the leader of the Cobra Kai, Johnny Lawrence, in that unforgettable avant-guarde cinema masterpiece Karate Kid.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Now my 16 year old son has discoverd my Journey's Greatest Hits CD
That's a interesting point. When I was at the concert there were a lot of teens. The concert was in one of those open area theaters which had a big grassy area to lay a blanket out and listen to the music under the stars. I figured the teens were there just for a "Night Out", but SO many of them were actually singing along to every word :eek:
I was blown away at how many young fans there were. I assumed that most teens would be like "Journey who?" and then call me an old fart :D, but it was nice to see a wide variety of ages at the show :emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks