What's new

Seeking Speaker recommendations (1 Viewer)

Shawn N

Agent
I have been thinking about getting the Athena point 5 setup (which sells for $399). Could anybody recommend other speaker setups in or close to this range? I want to listen to allot and would love more recommendations.

I'm also leaning toward the denon 1804. (thoughts or recommendations here?)

Debbie_L

Stunt Coordinator
Hi Shawn,

I've heard the Athena's at Best Buy (not the best listening environment for sure) and thought they sounded good, especially for the money. BB also has the JBL NSP1 set-up that's nice too.

Check out the Acoustic Research HC6 5.1 set-up. I don't know if you'll be able to find any local stores that carry it, but it is available online and is in your price range. Also, Circuit City has been blowing out Polk Audio's R and RTi lines recently to make way for new models -- ask about open box deals too, sometimes you can really save a bundle that way.

Good luck,

Debbie

Kyle Tippett

Stunt Coordinator
Shawn,
Look at the Wharfedale Moviestar 60, or if you can schounge up another $200 or so you might be able to get ahold of a and Atlantic Technology set. If you can go for the atlantic, that would be nice. Do come reading on the Wharfedale's power draw though, ive heard things but they are a good sounding company. Also, in you range allready is the Klipsch micro's, but i dont know how you feel about horn tweeters.

As for the 1804, i would recomend. I have the 1803, same thing lil less power, and i think yours might be 7 channel, while mine is 6, but im not sure. anyway, my denon's been good. I was also looking at an HK from in the same range when i bought it, but i heard some nasty things about the QC of HK right now, so i steered clear.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks