1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Seeking Soundproofing Advice

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by Han Burgundy, Apr 1, 2019.

1. Han Burgundy

Han Burgundy Auditioning

Mika Dine
    Long time listener, first time caller, so please be gentle.
    We're in the process of a full home remodel, and I'm working on a dual-use room that will be both a Home Office and a Home Theater. I know this makes it an odd space, but I work full time from home and it's my only option to have a room that serves both purposes.
    My planned layout is in the attached photo.
    This room has 3 exterior walls, 1 interior wall and it's a single story home. So my main concern is sound being passed through the rest of the house. The shared wall is with a guestroom that won't be used too often.
    In-ceiling speakers and at least 2 high hat lights will be put in too.
    A/V rack will live in the closet, and projector will be ceiling mounted, as will a retractable screen (not sure whether this will be recessed or not).

My questions are about my current soundproofing plans which I will layout below.
    Jumping to the questions:
    1. Is this a decent soundproofing plan given a more basic budget?
    2. Would you recommend a different ceiling soundproofing plan?

The Soundproofing Plan:
    For the interior wall, Rockwool Insulation, then a resilient channel w/ resilient clips, followed by QuietRock Drywall, then Green Glue Compound, then another Drywall layer w/ Green Glue Sealant as needed. Also Quiet Puddy for the outlets.
    For the ceiling, same as above, minus the resilient channel.
    Also getting a solid core door, and as of yet determined door soundproofing solution.

-HB

[​IMG]
    IMAGE LINK