What's new
World Wide Stereo

Searching for HDMI issue (1 Viewer)

bakmtpm

Auditioning
Real Name
Brad Kilpatrick
Hi,

First post on the board to be a problem question. Sorry,, but I am having an infrequent issue with my Sony BDP-S300 BLU-RAY player connected thru a Yamaha rx-v661 receiver to a Samsung FP-T5884 Plasma via HDMI. About half way through a movie I occasionally get disconnected and the display shows "searching for HDMI", I can power off the set and then finish off the Movie. It does not happen all of the time, and I have no problem with the HDMI cable-box connected through the 2nd HDMI port on the same receiver. Is this indication of a potential bad cable between the Sony and the receiver? Has anyone else had this issue -- and if so how did you correct it?

Thanks in Advance...

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

THXTheSounds

Agent
Real Name
Cody

Try it just direct feed to the TV and if it continues to do that try using the other HDMI cable for the Blu Ray Disc instead and then if the problem persists, try using the cable box on the first input and if it still does it, then its the TV, and in which case take it back if it's fairly new (within the return period) or take it up with the manufacturer. If the other HDMI cable works, it's the cable, if the direct feed to the tv works, it could be a problem with the yamaha, if it works with the cable box, then its probably the player, if nothing works with it then it's the tv probably. Standard trouble shooting, look for the simplest possibility first.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Josh.1983
Recent bookmarks