What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Scott Atwell Star Trek Discussion thread (Series and Films) (1 Viewer)

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Nelson,

Thanks for the Grace Lee Whitney information. I will have to pick up that book. What a class act she is, given what I have read about her here and elsewhere.

Raasean,

I think Data completely ignores Fajo; however, I don't recall if Data is actually turned off in the episode. I do love that Varon-T weapon, though.

Zack Gibbs

Screenwriter
I know it doesn't happen in 'Toys but it may happen in "Brothers." However, I'm not sure we actually see Lore deactivate Data their. He could have just thrown a toaster in with his bath water.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
From the "Brothers" script:

Riker surreptitiously reaches behind Data and resets his on/off switch. Data's eyes open and he sits up and studies his surroundings.

RIKER Do you mind telling me what's going on, here?

Data, still booting up, ignores Riker's question. He sees Soong and goes to his side.

DATA (to Soong) He surprised me. He rendered me unconscious. What happened? ---

Zack Gibbs

Screenwriter
Originally Posted by Sam Favate /forum/thread/270103/star-trek-trivia-series-and-films/540#post_3591063
From the "Brothers" script:
Riker surreptitiously reaches behind Data and resets his on/off switch. Data's eyes open and he sits up and studies his surroundings.
RIKER Do you mind telling me what's going on, here?
Data, still booting up, ignores Riker's question. He sees Soong and goes to his side.
DATA (to Soong) He surprised me. He rendered me unconscious. What happened? ---
But that's the point, we only see him being turned ON.
---
You know, for some reason I took the question to mean "how many times was Data turned off with his Deactivation Switch?" But that's not what was asked. I'm pretty sure we've seen a few more examples than these now.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Not related to a trivia question, but I got to hear Leonard Nimoy speak yesterday, and he was terrific. Really a thoughtful, intelligent man with a very sharp mind. He took even the most inane questions and turned them into something interesting. I recommend seeing him if you get the chance.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
I wish I could have seen any of the 'Big three' at a convention when they first got going. I did go to conventions in the 1980s and 1990s, but I was not able to see Kirk, Spock, or Bones. I did get to see Scotty, however. That was a very enjoyable experience.

Raasean,

Has your question been answered to your satisfaction? If so, who goes next?

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Sam, you must have seen Nimoy in New Jersey? trekmovie has a Con report and some youtube videos of some of his answers.

I was lucky to have seen everyone at a Con during the late 70's and 80's. The 70's were huge and they were treated like rock stars. Not that the affection has diminished, but the venues are smaller and I think better as they're more intimate. I was at the 40th Convention in Seattle and paid for the evening toast event in the Space Needle. We were rubbing shoulders literally up there with many of the cast members, but not the big three. And a lot of the guest stars are coming out of the woodwork at cons to be in the autograph rooms selling their autographs. Barbara Luna, Mr. Kelso, Boma, Julie Newmar, etc. I saw the two stars of Robinson Crusoe on Mars, June Lockhart and Richard Hatch of Galactica too. Before the new series. Good times!

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I haven't seen any acvtivity here for a few days. So with respects to Zack, I thought I'd throw a question in while we wait and keep some energy going.

Who was the actress who voiced The Companion?

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Nelson,
That would be Elizabeth Rogers. She also starred in a couple of episodes of TOS. We really didn't see too much of her on-screen, however.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Wow Scott, you got it!

As long as I've watched Star Trek, I've always thought the Companion was voiced by Elinor Donahue who played Commissioner Hedford. I checked recently and see it was Miss Rogers who also as you said, played Lt. Palmer in 2 episodes.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Nelson,
I didn't know she played Lt. Palmer -- I thought she may have been an extra in (e.g.) Charlie X or another of the earlier episodes. But speaking of Lt. Palmer, whenever I see her, I think to myself where Lt. Uhura was for that day. The same with Sulu whenever he's not on the Bridge.
Okay, here is a music-related question having to do with VOY:
Name three composers associated with the episode Human Error, excluding any who may have written original music for the episode.
I will give hints if necessary, after a short time.
Have fun!

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Scott- That music question is a tough one! I have not seen Voyager in a long time, plus I probably would not know the composers!

The question about T'Pol's mother is a good one. Again, I have not seen that episode in a while, so I wouldn't get it without looking it up. But I know Joanna Cassidy played the part!

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Any takers on the question? Three composers are associated with the episode, and all wrote in the nineteenth century. :)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Looks like Raasean may have nailed it.

Scott, was this Voyager episode the one where Janeway is smuggling some aliens past a Gestapo like group of aliens bent on finding them. And the lead Alien is wooing Janeway and she is playing him along till they get past their space? And were these aliens hiding on Voyager Holograms?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gemini007
Recent bookmarks