What's new

Scott Atwell Star Trek Discussion thread (Series and Films) (2 Viewers)

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Originally Posted by Sam Favate /forum/thread/270103/star-trek-trivia-series-and-films/510#post_3587642
Marlena Moreau?
Marlena was seen in both universes. However, I don't think we hear her name mentioned in both.
I particularly like the closing segment where we see her briefly speaking to Kirk in the Prime Universe. That is the footage used for the DS9 episode Trials and Tribble-ations, where Kirk 'meets' Captain Sisko. It's quite a nice moment.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Guys-

We do see Chekov and Kyle and Marlena in both Universes.

This is a bit obscure! Here's a hint, this character did not appear in TOS, look at the newer series.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Nelson,
So this may mean that the character appears in DS9, and in this particular episode appeared in both universes? Or am I off track here?

Edited by Ockeghem - 7/24/2009 at 05:37 pm GMT

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Hey Scott-

Sorry for the delayed reply, the new software must have lost my subscription to this thread.

This character does appear in the Mirror Universe only, never to be seen in the Prime. Here's a hint as this is a bit obscure; it's not TOS or DS9.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Scott-

Sorry, it was not Tuvok. Or I should say, he was not who I was thinking.

Here's another hint because this person is very obscure. You've never seen or heard of this person before in the Prime Universe. So the first time this person is seen is in the Mirror Universe.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Nelson,

Hmmm. Are you willing to give us the episode in which this obscure character appears? Or would that give it away too quickly?

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Scott-

Here's a clue that should help you. This was in an episode of Star Trek Enterprise!

That should help a lot!

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Nelson,

I'm stumped. I thought of Vaughan Armstrong, since he's played so many roles in several series. Thanks for the excellent hints, though. Perhaps someone else will know this answer. :)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Okay, I'll give it another 24 hours or Tuesday before giving the answer.

Vaughn Armstrong is a good guess, you're getting very warm. If you have that DVD, you should have a look. It might come to you then.

Hint: The character appears in part 2.

To remind everyone, this person appears in Enterprise, in the Mirror Universe only and is in part 2. It's very easy to miss this one, it's a tricky one!

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Nelson,

Part of my problem is that I've been thinking of the mirror episodes in TOS and DS9, and not in ENT (hence my having guessed Tuvok). But even so, I don't think I know it. And I do own the DVDs. :)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Scott-

Sure, we've been focusing a lot of attention to TOS on many of the trivia questions so it's understandable. If you have time, have a watch and maybe you can figure it out. I watched it today and it's kinda fun to see how they recreated the TOS era.

Here's another clue, he does not survive.

Let's see if anyone else might want to guess too.

Edit: I thought of another clue, the character shares the same name as the bad guy from the Gerry Anderson series, Captain Scarlet and the Mysterons. Though the rank is different.
Edited by Nelson Au - 7/26/2009 at 09:24 pm GMT

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Nelson,
Funny thing is, I saw that two-parter (In A Mirror, Darkly) not more than three weeks ago! :)

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Nelson,

I thought Capt. Maximillian Forest (Armstrong) was Archer's superior officer. At least he was when Archer was First Officer. But that can't be whom you're thinking of, right?

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Sam- You got it!

I thought of the question when I read a short bit on the Memory Alpha site. It said Admiral Black was the only Mirror Universe character to appear that had no counterpart in the Prime Universe. That we know of at least. IIRC, in every Mirror episode of any incarnation of Star Trek, all the major speaking parts were the main actors from the Prime Universe. We never see Admiral Black in the Prime Universe.

Sorry if this question was confusing, it was definitely obscure Scott.

Sam, you're next with a question.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Nelson,

Obscure, but a lot of fun. I could not have gotten it without looking it up.

Well done, Sam. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks