What's new

Press Release PHE Press Release: Star Trek: Strange New Worlds - Season One (Limited Edition SteelBook Blu-ray) (Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Screen Shot 2022-12-14 at 10.12.04 AM.png

SEASON ONE
ARRIVES ON BLU-RAY™, DVD AND LIMITED-EDITION BLU-RAY™ STEELBOOK ON MARCH 21, 2023

The Paramount+ Original Series Arrives with Over 90 Minutes of Special Features, Including Cast and Crew Interviews, Deleted Scenes and Gag Reel

HOLLYWOOD, Calif. (December 14, 2022) – “The best Star Trek show in decades” (SlashFilm), STAR TREK: STRANGE NEW WORLDS: SEASON ONE arrives on Blu-ray, DVD and limited-edition Blu-Ray Steelbook on March 21, 2023 from CBS Home Entertainment and Paramount Home Entertainment. Fans can enjoy every out-of-this-world episode from the first season of the Paramount+ original series with the collection featuring over 90 minutes of special features, including exclusive-to-home-entertainment cast and crew interviews, gag reel, deleted scenes and more.
The debut season of STAR TREK: STRANGE NEW WORLDS is based on the years Captain Christopher Pike manned the helm of the U.S.S. Enterprise. The series features fan favorites from season two of STAR TREK: DISCOVERY, Anson Mount as Captain Christopher Pike, Rebecca Romijn as Number One and Ethan Peck as Science Officer Spock. The series follows Captain Pike, Science Officer Spock and Number One in the years before Captain Kirk boarded the U.S.S. Enterprise, as they explore new worlds around the galaxy.
The STAR TREK: STRANGE NEW WORLDS Blu-ray, DVD and limited-edition Blu-Ray Steelbook offers over 90 minutes of special features, including content exclusive to home entertainment:
PIKE’S PEAK (Exclusive) -Anson Mount takes fans through his journey as Captain Christopher Pike in the first season of Star Trek: Strange New Worlds, providing a glimpse into his portrayal with intimate footage throughout the season.

WORLD BUILDING -Led by Production Designer Jonathan Lee and his team, the season’s production design utilized cutting-edge technology to create worlds prior to shoots, allowing the actors to fully immerse themselves into scenes rather than imagine the worlds around them in a green room. Through interviews with producers, cast and crew, fans will learn about the expertise involved in the development process and how the powerful technology was seamlessly integrated into the show.

EXPLORING NEW WORLDS (Exclusive) -Fans will explore the storylines and characters that bring Star Trek: Strange New Worlds to life with writers, cast and crew.,

COMMENTARY: ANSON MOUNT & AKIVA GOLDSMAN -STRANGE NEW WORLDS (Exclusive)

DELETED SCENES (Exclusive)

GAG REEL (Exclusive)

The collections will be released internationally on the following dates:

United Kingdom – March 20, 2023

Australia – March 29, 2023

STAR TREK: STRANGE NEW WORLDS also stars Jess Bush (“Playing for Keeps”) as Nurse Christine Chapel, Christina Chong (“Heirs of the Night”) as La’an Noonien-Singh, Celia Rose Gooding (Broadway Whodunit: All Hallows' Eve) as Cadet Nyota Uhura, Melissa Navia (“Bull”) as Lt. Erica Ortegas and Babs Olusanmokun (Dune) as Dr. M’Benga.
The script for the series premiere was written by Akiva Goldsman with the story by Akiva Goldsman, Alex Kurtzman and Jenny Lumet. Goldsman and Henry Alonso Myers serve as co-showrunners, with Goldsman directing the premiere episode. Goldsman, Kurtzman and Lumet serve as executive producers in addition to Alonso Myers, Heather Kadin, Frank Siracusa, John Weber, Eugene Roddenberry, Trevor Roth and Aaron Baiers. The series is produced by CBS Studios, Secret Hideout and Roddenberry Entertainment.
STAR TREK: STRANGE NEW WORLDS streams exclusively on Paramount+ in the U.S., U.K., Latin America, Australia, South Korea, Italy, France, Germany, Switzerland, and Austria. The series airs on Bell Media’s CTV Sci-Fi Channel and streams on Crave in Canada and on SkyShowtime in the Nordics, the Netherlands, Portugal, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Montenegro, Serbia and Slovenia. The series is distributed by Paramount Global Content

Distribution.
Episodes:
101: “Strange New Worlds”

102: “Children of the Comet”

103: “Ghosts of Illyria”

104: “Memento Mori”

105: “Spock Amok”

106: “Lift Us Where Suffering Cannot Reach”

107: “The Serene Squall”

108: “The Elysian Kingdom”

109: “All Those Who Wander”

110: “A Quality of Mercy”

STAR TREK: STRANGE NEW WORLDS: SEASON ONE Blu-ray, DVD and Blu-ray Steelbook
are presented in widescreen format, and offer English SDH and French subtitles. The Blu-ray and
Blu-ray Steelbook include English 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio and 5.1 Dolby Digital in French, and
the DVD features 5.1 Dolby Digital audio in English and French.

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases

Last edited:

Rick Thompson

Screenwriter
I see both DVD and Blu are listed on Amazon as "one disk." Ten hours on one disk? How compressed is this?

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
It’s just a default placeholder listing from Amazon when they have yet to receive the product specs from the studio. No other Trek series has had ten hour-long episodes crammed onto one disc and there’s no reason to expect that’ll be different here.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
It’s not a one disc set, we went over that earlier in this thread, no need to dredge up false controversy.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
I want to get this to support physical, but do digital purchases arrive in 4K-- Dolby Vision/Atmos?

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Too early to say - there hasn’t been a press release for the digital version yet and digital retailers don’t have it for pre-order yet.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I saw that too today Sam! I was surprised with the 4K release that’s staggered like this.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I saw that too today Sam! I was surprised with the 4K release that’s staggered like this.
It seems likely that the 4K release was a rather late decision, and they didn't have time to manufacture and distribute in time to make the DVD and Blu-ray release.

I'm just glad the 4K release was announced before the Blu-ray came out.

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
Three discs. Four episodes on discs 1 and 2, two episodes plus the majority of bonus features on disc 3. Working my way through the review product currently.

That's what I was wondering-- was not sure about episode distribution here.

JoshuaB.

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jay
I enjoyed SNW much more than Discovery and Picard (though S3 is the best Trek season since new Trek started in 2017), so I pre-ordered the May 4K release. (I’m not crazy it’s a Steelbook, but it’s a minor complaint.) the series should look fantastic in 4K (all of the Star Trek shows, new and old, stream via Crave up here)—streaming quality just doesn’t cut it for me.

I hope Paramount decided to release Discovery and Picard in 4K down the road—I haven’t bought them on Blu-ray, but the positive response to Picard S3 and the announcement that Disco is ending with S5 might be good marketing ploys to release them. (Of course I would love to see TOS in 4K.)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks