What's new

Scott Atwell Star Trek Discussion thread (Series and Films) (2 Viewers)

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Originally Posted by Nelson Au /forum/thread/270103/star-trek-trivia-series-and-films/570#post_3594813
Looks like Raasean may have nailed it.
Scott, was this Voyager episode the one where Janeway is smuggling some aliens past a Gestapo like group of aliens bent on finding them. And the lead Alien is wooing Janeway and she is playing him along till they get past their space? And were these aliens hiding on Voyager Holograms?
Nelson,
Human Error is the episode in which Seven is seen playing the piano a few times, and is becoming interested romantically with Chakotay (albeit a hologram version of him).

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Originally Posted by Raasean Asaad /forum/thread/270103/star-trek-trivia-series-and-films/570#post_3594808
Bach, Brahms, Mozart
Raasean,
Negative. None of those three have to do with the episode Human Error. But I like your taste. :)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Thanks Scott-

I was thinking of that other Voyager episode because I just remembered that when the aliens would board Voyager from time to time to search for the refugees. The lead alien would enjoy listening to some classical pieces with Janeway, IIRC.

Now that you mention Human Error, I recall The Doctor helping Seven be more human.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Originally Posted by Nelson Au /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks Scott-
I was thinking of that other Voyager episode because I just remembered that when the aliens would board Voyager from time to time to search for the refugees. The lead alien would enjoy listening to some classical pieces with Janeway, IIRC.
Now that you mention Human Error, I recall The Doctor helping Seven be more human.
Nelson,
Yes, that sounded like the episode you were describing. I saw that one not too long ago. (BTW, I just finished VOY two nights ago.)
Here are a few more hints (one for each composer):
1) Nocturne
2) Hungarian
3) German

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Raasean,

Two out of three -- nicely done! I think you ought to go next.

1) Chopin (work heard in the episode)
2) Liszt (name mentioned in the episode)
3) Schumann (work heard in the episode)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Wow, that's a tough one.
One of them has to be Captain Archer. Was the other Miles O'Brian? Total guesses for both of course!

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
How about Malcolm Reed? I know he earned a few more (two?) medals than Archer's total. I think both were Eagle Scouts.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Okay, another fun (and easy?) one, I hope:
How many people were killed in The Apple?

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
That is a terribly funny question too!

The red shirt quotient was quite high in that one.

I believe it was 3. One was zapped by lightening, the other blown up by the rocks and the third, hit over the head by the Vaalians.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Nelson,

It may have been four. So, I watched the episode, and Hendorff, Marple, and Mallory are the big names for extras in that one. I believe they all get it eventually, as well as one more. There are the three instances you mention, and then there's also the one that gets it in the very beginning from the poison dart-throwing plant:

http://www.voyager.cz/tos/epizody/images/39/39obr08.jpg

http://www.voyager.cz/tos/epizody/images/39/39obr09.jpg

And of course Spock gets hurt a few times -- force field and lightning, although since his shirt is blue, he's okay. :) Anyway, I think you're up next. :)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Thanks Scott. I wasn't sure. After I answered the question, I took a quick look at Memory Alpha. And they say it was likely four. The fourth person was smacked over the head and it wasn't clear he died because they dragged his body into a hut. So yeah, it could have been 4. I may have to watch that one to see again. But I should wait for the Blu Ray to come out before watching.
Okay, here's new question.
Name a TOS episode that ends and we see the Enterprise headed towards a planet. This is ignoring any new images from the Remastering CGI. I believe it's only one episode, but I may be wrong. The key is what do we actually see at the end of the episode with the original optical effects.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Nelson,
That is a great question. I have two thoughts -- but both may be wrong. I thought first of Sarpeidon (All Our Yesterdays). Then, I thought of Sigma Iotia (A Piece of the Action). Are either correct?

Michael Rogers

Supporting Actor
Spectre of the Gun
Originally Posted by Nelson Au /forum/thread/270103/star-trek-trivia-series-and-films/570#post_3598289
Thanks Scott. I wasn't sure. After I answered the question, I took a quick look at Memory Alpha. And they say it was likely four. The fourth person was smacked over the head and it wasn't clear he died because they dragged his body into a hut. So yeah, it could have been 4. I may have to watch that one to see again. But I should wait for the Blu Ray to come out before watching.
Okay, here's new question.
Name a TOS episode that ends and we see the Enterprise headed towards a planet. This is ignoring any new images from the Remastering CGI. I believe it's only one episode, but I may be wrong. The key is what do we actually see at the end of the episode with the original optical effects.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Michael! Correct! That was fast!

I will have to re-watch both the original and remastered versions, but according to Memory Alpha, Spectre of the Gun is the only one we see the Enterprise fly towards a planet at the end.

I thought the Remastered version of Patterns of Force ends with the Enterprise flying from Ekos to Zeon.

Okay, you are now next to post a question.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks