What's new

Saturday Night Live - Season 35 premiering Sept. 26 (2 Viewers)

Carl Miller

Screenwriter
The F-up was the most amusing part of the entire show...Did anyone doubt, at least for a second that she actually said the F word? I heard it but then questioned for a second if I was hearing things before deciding I knew what I heard. It's just so unexpected. The opening Qadaffii skit was kind of funny, but that's about it.

RyanAn

Screenwriter
I'm not afraid to say that I didn't hate this episode quite as much as it seems everyone else did.... It seemed like the audience had a great time... The Biker skit was the worst of the night for sure. I thought the airline skit was really funny, as well as the digital short.

Magruber!

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Malcolm R

Gotta be one of the worst season premieres ever.
It failed on practically all counts. I didn't enjoy U2's performances even though I usually enjoy hearing their music. Megan Fox or perhaps the material written for her just wasn't funny. I did not hear the F-bomb because I just stopped paying attention during that sketch. Weekend Update had some good moments, but that was it.

I've only seen the first of the 2 Thursday Weekend Updates, but thought the first one was very good. The "You Lie"sketch worked very well for me and was much better than this Saturday's opener.

RyanAn

Screenwriter
Ryan Reynolds hosts with Lady Gaga this week as musical guest.
Next week is Drew Berrymore as host with Regina Spektor.

I'm a huge Regina Spektor fan, so I can not wait!

Anybody see the Lady Gaga promo? She's awful. I'll be fastforwarding for sure.

I wish they'd bring back "The Prince Show" skit!

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
I was joking with my wife that there may be a SH-bomb tonight. And lo and behold, there was -- Lady GaGa sang "SHIT on the radio" during her first song (with emphasis on the shit).

At this rate, the show will be airing with a 5 second delay.

Also, Madonna was flirting with a nipple slip in the Deep House Dish skit. Almost looked like they were trying.

Carl Miller

Screenwriter
I hate to admit this, but every time I see Lady GaGa perform, I like it...She's weird, but in a good way.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
The Saturn Prop on the piano was headed for Epic Fail territory.

While Lady Gaga can sing, I think her vocals are more inline with a lead back-up singer's vocals, meaning she can sing, but not all that distinctive from a sheer aural sampling of her vocals on the radio (and she sort of over-compensates with all the oddball visuals with her wardrobe and props.).

Carl Miller

Screenwriter
I agree Patrick...her voice is decent, but not great. By today's MTV standards though, she's a cut above most. I really liked her second song and thought it was gutsy to strip down dance tunes, with not so great lyrics like puh puh poker face and IMO she actually made it work. She saw the humor in her Saturn prop when trying to sit at the piano, played to the NY crowd and best of all, did it without the requisite DAT track and army of gyrating dancers. She actually has some creativity.

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
This was a pretty strong episode overall - the digital short was a scream: "I threw it on the ground!"

xfile94

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jennifer Colbert
Did anybody find anything funny about SNL last night? I watched the whole thing without smiling. Drew Barrymore is an okay host, there's just no good material left apparently. Regina Spektor is allright, too, just not what I like. Gilly is really annoying. Who thought that up?

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
Originally Posted by xfile94

Did anybody find anything funny about SNL last night? I watched the whole thing without smiling. Drew Barrymore is an okay host, there's just no good material left apparently. Regina Spektor is allright, too, just not what I like. Gilly is really annoying. Who thought that up?
Thanks for that - you allowed me to put 90 minutes of my life to better use and free up room on the DVR...oh, and totally agree - Gilly is one of the lamest skits ever.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
I thought Regina Spektor was a nice surprise. You might want to check out the Celebrities Ghost Encounters skit online. That was probably the best one of the night.

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
Originally Posted by NeilO

I thought Regina Spektor was a nice surprise. You might want to check out the Celebrities Ghost Encounters skit online. That was probably the best one of the night.
I love Regina Spektor and saw her on Conan a few years ago when she performed "Fidelity" by herself on the piano. She was great then, but she seemed really nervous on SNL and didn't do nearly as well.

Gilly is pretty much always terrible (except for the reactions by the students), but Gigli was a bit of a nice touch. Vinny Vedecci was pretty good as usual ("ET", heehee). WU was decent, and the digital short was amusing.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Sadly, the rehearsal bloopers were the funniest parts of last night's show.

Now somewhat kinky and distrubing was Shakira dry humping a monitor speaker on-stage.

Greg.K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg K.
Kristin Wiig is getting overused. Kenan Thompson is just awful in just about everything. Loved Bill Hader's alien sportcaster Greg, and the Beauty & The Beast sketch was kinda funny.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
I kinda liked some of the sketches this past week (a first for this season). The Beauty & The Beast spoof made me laugh much more than it should have.

I agree about Wiig -- it seems like they're looking for any excuse to put her on stage in as many sketches as possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks