What's new

Saturday Night Live - Season 35 premiering Sept. 26 (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Besides the Penelope skit, most of the other skits were okay, with standouts from Scared Straight, and even liked the Bunny Business one. I would have paid to see Firelight.

That being said, Taylor Swift has a mediocre voice with little range.

Greg.K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg K.
This was one of the funnier episodes in a while, I thought Taylor Swift did a great job. I was expecting to see a skit regarding the whole Kanye thing though.

It was good to see Amy Poehler back for "Really". Weekend Update with just Seth isn't the same.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Kettell

This was one of the funnier episodes in a while, I thought Taylor Swift did a great job. I was expecting to see a skit regarding the whole Kanye thing though.

It was good to see Amy Poehler back for "Really". Weekend Update with just Seth isn't the same.
I was thinking that addressing the Kanye thing in the monologue was enough, though it might have been amusing to have a Kanye lookalike popping into random sketches.

Amy Pohler showing up for Really was quite a welcome surprise. Overall the show was better than I expected it to be.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I woulda died if the real Kanye actually interrupted her opening monologue (without her knowledge), and said that so-and-so had the best opening monologue ever.

mylan

Screenwriter
It actually took flatulence to make SNL funny again, that Rear Window skit had my wife and I laughing until we cried.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I thought it was weird that JJ hosted SNL, while Fred Armisen is now married to Elisabeth Moss (Peggy on Mad Men).

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
The two biggest laughs for me were, "I gently cleanse his D & B's" during the Today Show sketch, and "pee-pee-pee pee-pee-pee" during "Married Dudes" in the Jon Bovi sketch. Because pee pee is the opposite of doo doo, get it?

My wife and I lost it during the fart sketch. But January Jones was so bad I wondered if she was an athlete and not an actor. Could barely read the cue cards and swallowed so many lines I had to rewind. She could have sold those farts better as Grace Kelly.

Kristen's sapphic reporter kills me every time.

John_Lee

Supporting Actor
Where's the camera? Wow, how for into the show was it before there was a line JJ didn't flub in some manner or another?

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I think the easiest way to explain why cloud girl was so stuck in the 70's was to have her reveal she'd been in a coma since she was 8 years old, which is why all her pop cultural references are stuck in the 70's, but finally woke up.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Fergie looked like she was punched in the face or something.. so puffy.. I kept thinking "did she get stung by a bee?"

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by mattCR

Fergie looked like she was punched in the face or something.. so puffy.. I kept thinking "did she get stung by a bee?"
Probably some form of botox around her eyes/cheeks.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I was surprised at that too, but then I wondered if it wasn't part of her character. But yeah, generally she was not good. Her monologue was especially awkward.

Where's the camera? Wow, how for into the show was it before there was a line JJ didn't flub in some manner or another?

xfile94

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jennifer Colbert
Why was Al Gore on the show? Just wondering. There was nothing remotely amusing about the show yet again, and it was the first time have seen Joseph Gordon-Levitt on anything. I know Third Rock From The Sun was on for three or four years, but that show didn't get my attention at all.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
The digital short with Keenan as "Reba" made the show worthwhille. HUGE laffos.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Gore's appearance was part of NBC's Green Week, which he mentioned in Weekend Update.
Ken Tucker's critique of the show was pretty spot on - lot's of effort but not a lot of humor, best illustrated by the "Make 'em Laugh" portion of the monologue.

I have to give JGL props for the back flips, but, again, not really comedy.

Jeremiah

Screenwriter
I don't know why, but I just can't get enough of the "What up with that" skit, it makes me laugh my ass off.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks