What's new

Saturday Night Live - Season 35 premiering Sept. 26 (1 Viewer)

John_Lee

Supporting Actor
Originally Posted by Jeremiah

I don't know why, but I just can't get enough of the "What up with that" skit, it makes me laugh my ass off.

Sudekis' dancing makes it for me.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
I missed most of it, but I loved the punchline at the end of the very last skit ("Hey, Genesis is back together!").

JGL's been in quite a few movies over the past few years.

Jeremiah

Screenwriter
Originally Posted by John_Lee

Sudekis' dancing makes it for me.
The first time I ever saw that skit was when Gerard Butler hosted and that guy in the back dancing all of those dances made me laugh my @ss off. It took me a little bit to notice what the hell was going on and had to rewind it. LOL what up with that?

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
I finally watched the whole show, and frankly, it wasn't any better than the universally reviled January Jones episode. In fact, the Jones show had more funny skits.

Looks like you like fart jokes or soured on the entire episode. It's not like Taylor Swift was any less stiff than Jones.

Aside from the cold open (which was funny but suffered from being bloated and overlong), the Palin 2012 trailer (which should have been funnier) and the (in my mind) classic Reba Digital Short, the JGL episode was fairly mediocre.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
I missed the Joseph Gordon-Levitt episode (due to a family emergency in which I needed to go out of state for a number of days on no notice and too little DVR space to record it) and today I finally had to time to watch it on NBC, but the monologue and apparently another sketch (a Say Anything spoof) were both missing there. I took a look at it via Comcast OnDemand and they did start the monologue but then cut away relatively quickly. I just went to Hulu and saw this:
The Joseph Gordon-Levitt monologue is not available due to music clearance issues.Full episodes of SNL consist of material that is cleared for online streaming. Some sketches and musical performances may be omitted due to various restrictions.
And I see from the post above that the NBC online also skipped the Palin 2012 bit.

Arggh!

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
I haven't seen the last 15 minutes of last night's episode yet, but I was wondering why in Weekend Update they didn't have a debate between Jon Bovi and Bon Jovi.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Last night with Charles Barkley hosting:

I LOL at the Hank Haney-Charles Barkley golf segment.

The scared straight skit is always good for laughs at Hader almost losing it time after time.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
That sucks about the JGL stream -- the Say Anything sketch was good.

Barkley finishing his monologue with "We've got a great show tonight -- well, some of it's great, and some of it we'll do anyway" was the line of the century. :) Too bad most of that episode was of the "we'll do anyway" variety.

Greg.K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg K.
Show started late, DVR started on time. So I missed everything from halfway through the latest Gov. Patterson bit on WU to the end. Guess I didn't miss much.

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
This week's episode with Sigourney Weaver was very funny, IMHO. The digital short was awesome - the return of Ripley!! I usually am not a fan of laser cats but this was probably one of the funniest digital shorts this side of Lazy Sunday. Weekend update was pretty funny especially Seth Myers explanation of the Conan/Leno issue. The wome's dart throwing from ESPN2 was ROTFLMAO type funny..."Summer's Eve....DOUCHE!"
Frankly, the weakest portion of the whole episode for me was the musical guest...

Greg.K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg K.
It was a funny episode - Sigourney did a great job. But I've started fast forwarding through most of the skits featuring Keenan Thompson. Ugh.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Sigourney was pretty fearless in all her skits. I was ROTFL during the crazy moves and positions she did with Keenan early in the show.

SilverWook

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bill
I still remember when she first hosted in the 80's. The obligatory "Aliens" parody was funny enough, but she really went the extra mile revisiting Zuul for a Church Lady skit!

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Hamm and Buble was a fun skit. They have quite good integrating the musical guest in a variety of skits over the season so far.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Now there is a "fan based push" to get Betty White a hosting gig:

http://www.bettyconfidential.com/ar/ld/a/10-Reasons-Betty-White-Should-Host-Saturday-Night-Live.html

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Betty-White-to-Host-SNL-please/266442514828?ref=nf

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/gossip/2010/02/why-should-betty-white-host-snl.html

Etc.
It's actually pretty hilarious. And I have to admit, just the concept of a Lonely Island number with Betty White as a digital short just rings to me as Youtube gold.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
The Betty White story is going to stick and grow.

EW is now covering it.

http://popwatch.ew.com/2010/02/05/betty-white-saturday-night-live/

Now the petition/facebook oriented sites are over 155,000.. which, if it were households, wouldn't be a bad score for SNL.

Kind of hilarious.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
TBO Comments on the Betty White drive...

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2010/feb/11/betty-white-snl-host-becomes-facebook-sensation/

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
NPR now runs the story:

http://www.npr.org/blogs/monkeysee/2010/02/this_time_facebook_is_right_be.html

It's one of the few things they could do to get attention. Landing a big movie star like Megan Fox doesn't really matter anymore, because they can come on the show and -- like Megan Fox did -- come off as utter stiffs. Even when they get good hosts like Mad Men's Jon Hamm, they don't know what to do with them anymore. Hosting Saturday Night Live has become such an obligatory part of the PR circuit that no matter how big a celebrity a hot young talent may be, nobody is really impressed that the show landed him or her to host.

You know what would be a big headline? Betty White. It's such an unexpected maneuver that it would legitimately cause people to pay attention to what's become one of the most expected shows on TV.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks