What's new

Sarah Silverman Program Season 2 thread (1 Viewer)

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
I know there weren't many fans here of this show.
Season 2 starts this Wednesday right after a NEW South Park

Bored of the Rings

Sarah discovers that the community group she recently joined is a radical anti-abortion group intent on bombing the clinic where Laura volunteers. Meanwhile, a Dungeons & Dragons game interferes with Steve and Brian's plans for a date night.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey

There weren't??? I know allot of people who loved it. This is better than 90% of sitcoms on the air today.
Can't wait for the 2nd season of the Un-PC show to start.

Garrett Adams

Supporting Actor
Thanks for the reminder. The second season premier was off my radar. Another big Sarah Silverman fan.

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
Love her and the show. My wife loathes her. Go figure. Now to go watch the Tivo of the new episode. :)

Chad Isaacs

Supporting Actor
I loved the premiere, I think it may have been her best show yet. My wife HATES her. I tried to get her to watch Jesus is Magic with me, but that did not work out so well.

She tolerated Halfway Home and would watch it with me, but, it got canned. I thought it was a real hoot and I miss it.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
I liked this episode.
I thought the abortion montage with the song "Having the time of our lives" was great

Sarah's sign 'Babies should say Goo not become it' was funny

My favorite episode is probaly Muffin' Man where Brian and Steve argue over Tab the soft drink.

It's great to have Sarah back. Always a big fan of hers.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
the Joan of Arf episode was good, but I prefer the Steve and Brian story(arguing about gay marriage) more than Sarah's licking dog anus story.

ChrisCAB

Stunt Coordinator
"Love her and the show. My wife loathes her."

Same situation here, although she generally does laugh several times while watching.

Must be something to this.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
I don't really like the gay characters. They are boring. Gay couple aren't boring. I know.
Loved the dog storyline even if it were a bit gross but this is Sarah Silverman after all.

Joe_H

Screenwriter
I have to say, I loved her standup, and especially loved her scene in the Aristocrats, but have tried on many occasions to watch this show and don't like it at all. I tried again with the new season and the same thing.

Brian Perry

Senior HTF Member

I think Silverman has run out of ideas (or at least good ones). Showing her mom's skeletal remains being tossed around and implying their use as sexual props made me a tad nauseated. And while I like the Brian and Steve characters, the plot line with Brian feigning interest in politics was too similar to the same theme is last year's episode where Brian pretends to like Tab.

The show has jumped the shark.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Sometimes I feel like I'm watching roadkill when I watch this show. It's just getting gross for gross's sake. It's not as clever or funny this season.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
"In French they say, le Blanc doody"

Did anyone notice that the young Sarah is Kelsey Grammer's daughter in Back to You? She was also Sarah's adopted urchin in the beauty contest episode from last season. I could not figure out where I saw her when I watched Back to You.

The young verison of Laura is the girl from Heroes (Masi Oka also guested last season). And the mom is Jake's mom from Two and a Half Men.

So, whatever happened to the white doody from the 70's? I guess the Curb Your Dog campaign was successful. The fines helped.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Yep, Laura Marano was on Are You Smarter...

Last season she was also used to play young Sarah, but it was a pretty brief scene. Then they used her to play the orphan girl.

So far it seems my theory that a good episode requires a Silverman song holds up. "Cookie Party" seemed back to form after the first few (songless) eps.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Though I do agree the necrophilia and doody theme was a little grosser than usual.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
the Ah, Men episode was SO much better this week than last.

Loved God killing Brian and Steve's neighbor with the TV remote.
God and Sarah speech while walking the tennis courts

and God's rant calling everyone a dick except Phil.

Sarah's quotes

"Don't be a Klingon"

"Knock, knock...who's gay? Oh yeah, you guys are"

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks