What's new

Samsung TXM3281HF?? (1 Viewer)

Eric Brian

Agent
Saw this TV at Costco (still boxed...no display) and would like some info if anyone has any. I looked on Samsungs site and they don't list it. Also called Samsung and they didn't have any info either. I "assume" it's this years model with the TXM prefix. Thanks for any help.

Thanks,
EB

Bill Will

Screenwriter
It maybe a model that was just made for Costco. More & more companies are making sets just for certain chains so they don't get other chains mad about price matching. The big thing to check on these tv's from warehouse type stores is do they have the exact same specs as the original set. My neighbor bought a Magnavox set from BJ's with the "same model number" as the original Magnavox set but the set from BJ's din't have the remote locator feature on it but the other specs were the same. So if you buy from a warehouse make sure you check out the tv's specs & look for little things like what's the audio watts, does it have bass, trebble & balance controls & etc like the original model.

Eric Brian

Agent
Costco in my area finally put out a display model, so I went by to take a look. Looks like the 3281 is missing a couple of features that the 3297 has.

From looking through the manual, it does *NOT* have PIP or BBE Sound. No big deal as I don't really care for PIP anyway and I run the sound through my stereo system. Looks like it has everything else the 3297 has though, including 3:2 pulldown.

When I was there last week it was $999, but now it's dropped to $899. Not a bad price for a set with those features. Might have to pick one up!

EB

John Gooby

Auditioning
I just bought one today, and I have it partly set up (then I had to go back to work).
This is my first HDTV.
I have a non-progressive scan DVD player (Lord of the Rings still looked awesome for the 15 minutes I allowed myself and my buddies to watch it. Even on my composite RCA lines - I'm going to stop and buy an AR Component Cable on the way home from work.)
I have a digital cable feed over a VDSL line from QWEST. The picture looks good though the edge enhancement looks a little strong.
Do any other Samsung HDTV owners have any suggestions for the settings? (Should I go into the Service menu to turn down/turn off VSM (or is it VML?)
Are there any other things I need to do or get immediately?
I will build up my HT Receiver/speaker system as I have the money to do so.
I have lurked on this site for weeks now. Thanks to all of you for the advice I have already seen.
:)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChiChi0010
Recent bookmarks