What's new

Turning OFF Speakers on Samsung TXM3281HF TV? (1 Viewer)

Hey, I was wondering if y'all may know if it is possible to shut off the speakers on this television, it has the same menu has the TXM3296HF. I have my TV hooked up to my Receiver and would prefer for the sound to just come out of my bookshelf speakers.

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
Jason, I don’t know anything about this model, but why don’t you just turn the volume all the way down?

Yeah I COULD do that, but it would be nice to have them OFF. When I would turn off the speakers on my old Sony Wega there was actually more output to the Receiver.

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
If you have any kind of a satellite or cable box, you could run the audio directly to your sound system, bypassing the TV completely.

If you are pulling in your stations from an antenna and you have a VCR, try this: Run the coax from the antenna directly to the VCR, VCR video out to your TV, VCR audio out to your sound system, and if you have two VCR audio outs, you can also use one to go directly to the TV (or you can coax out to the TV).

Connecting the VCR to the audio will allow you use your sound system, bypassing the TV completely. The one drawback is that you won’t be able to use the sound system if you are taping a different show than you are viewing.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks