What's new

Samsung SIR-T151 Date? (1 Viewer)

Dave Ringkor

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Dave Ringkor
I am so itching to buy one of these. Anyone have an idea when I'll be able to plunk down the bills at Best Buy?

Peter Loan

Second Unit
I called them yesterday afternoon and they quoted me a price of $399. With some haggling, they offered it to me for $377 shipped.

Jeff_E

Grip
I just got the Samsung SIR-T151 and hooked it up. I have the 150 as well and I am debating on which one to keep. The 150 has RF throughput input (not sure what that is) and also has and RGB output. The 151 has neither. The 151 gets most of my channels in better, but on channel 33-1 (WB) in Dallas the reciever gets stuck. It shows a signal coming in, but no picture and it keeps making a clicking sound. The 150 has no problem with this channel. It is very frustrating as it locks up and I can't change the channel.

Is there a chance anyone knows anything about this?

Corey Holter

Agent
Does anyone else hear a very noticeable "electronic whine" from the T151? I am now on my second unit, as I sent the first back for this problem. The strange thing is that it actually increases in volume when you turn the unit off. The only cure is to unplug it. I think I may send it back for good and get a 150 instead.

Is HDTV performance and signal reception ability the same between them?

David Judah

Screenwriter
I just hooked one up last night and it has performed flawlessly, so far. I have a bit of a problem pulling in our PBS station, but I have heard it's the hardest to get in Albuquerque(plus I'm not really using a great antenna--just an unpowered indoor).

My buddy also bought one and both of our units exhibit no whine or any noise whatsoever.

DJ

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks