What's new

How do Walmart.com pre-orders work? (1 Viewer)

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I normally pre-order items from Amazon to take advantage of Prime shipping, or occasionally Best Buy if there is a steelbook. I've never pre-ordered from Walmart.com before, but they have an exclusive I am interested in getting.

Does anyone know how pre-orders from Walmart.com work? I have bought from them before on occasion that I can't find an item elsewhere, but those cases have all been for in-stock items.

At Amazon, I can place a pre-order whenever I want and they don't touch my credit card at all until the item is ready to be shipped. At Best Buy, they'll place a pending charge on my card until the item is ready to be shipped. I usually see pending charges come in from Best Buy multiple times because they have to renew it if there is a long time between my original order date and the renewal date.

I've also seen some sites where you are charged immediately on the order date.

So, for anyone with past experience pre-ordering at Wal-Mart, when do they take the funds?

Thanks.

Last edited:

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Wish I could help but it’s been so long since I did that there I can’t remember.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I THINK they post a charge at the time of shipment. I'm also fairly sure they have a full Temp Auth charge that falls off after a few days (depending on you bank/card) and not a $1 temp charge like some places.

DON"T hold me to this though. Like most around here it's been a while since I've done a preorder with them

Also Paypal often works differently

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I just did the pre-order. They did put through a hold on the funds, but the email says they won't actually charge it until the item ships.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks