What's new

SACDs at BMG Music Service (1 Viewer)

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
Some of the Dylan hybrid SACDs, along with Heart's "Alive In Seattle" hybrid SACDs, are available at BMG Music Service. Currently, BMG is running a sale on these titles for members....I picked up the Heart SACD for $9.98. The Dylan hybrid SACDs for $4.99/each!!! And if you order over $30.00, no shipping charge.

Edit: I checked....no Telarc hybrid SACDs yet.

Rich Malloy

Senior HTF Member
Damn!!! Why didn't they have the Dylan SACDs when I got that amazing "BMG Former CD Now Customer Offer" last month?!? :frowning:

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
And apparently, you have to be one of those "all e-mail" customers to get the no shipping offer. Otherwise, you will have to pay shipping.

Great News...And apparently these items aren't "Sales Restricted" which means you can use the multitude of free music vouchers that all BMG members invariably end up with on the hybrids. Just ordered Blonde on Blonde and Highway 61 for a total of 8 bucks (including tax and shipping).
Now to just get a universal player....

DonaldB

Supporting Actor
Columbia House now has the Dylan hybrids up on its website, all available as free/bonus selections. This month's special is buy-one-get-three-free. I held off on buying these when they first came out in anticipation of just this event. :)

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
I received an email offer from BMG for 60% with free shipping. Most of the Bob Dylan SACDs come in at $7.99 for this offer. Since I am not interested in ordering $30 worth, I will probably take advantage of this offer, but it expires 12/19.

Paul.S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
Danny et al:

Thx for the tip. Been a member of both BMG and Columbia House ("CoHo") since 1986. But since I got a DVD player in '98 I, like many I suspect--at least until recently--have purchased fewer CDs in general and fewer from the clubs in particular because a) it was easier/"sexier" to just add CDs to my online DVD orders from, say, Amazon; and b) the clubs have historically paled compared to (newer) e-tailers in everything from their online presentation to title availability to order fulfillment. (Remember that period when Fox DVDs were not available via CoHo DVD Club? You'd get fliers touting action movies available via the Club, but Die Hard, Aliens and Speed would be conspicuously absent.)

But what with some added hi rez availability (in addition to DVD-A via CoHo) (not to mention the much speedier-than-they-typically-have-been-in-the-past delivery of my Gangs Of New York DVD recently), perhaps it's time to give my Amazon Wish List a rest and get re-acquainted with the clubs.

I long wondered which club was going to carry what hi rez formats given the clubs' ownerships. CoHo used to be co-owned by Sony and Warner, but I read a blurb recently that private equity firm Blackstone Partners now does (can anyone confirm or deny, perhaps with evidentiary link?).

Just use the clubs' sites' search engines to search for "SACD" and/or "DVD-Audio"??

-p

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks