What's new

Rotel 1066, standy light... (1 Viewer)

Mike_T_

Stunt Coordinator
When I put the 1066 into Standy mode, but turning it off with the remote, the power light seems to be just as bright off, as when on. My first question is, will the light ever burn out after being left on 24 hrs a day? and 2nd, is there a way to dim the light or not have it on at all? I really doubt it...

Thanks!

Bob-N

Supporting Actor
Yeah, that's what I have experienced. The light doesn't go off in standby mode. It's an LED and typically, LEDs have very long life spans. However, it will burn out eventually.

My main beef with the standby mode is that you have to use the remote to get it out of standby. In some cases, it would be nice to have a "soft" button on the faceplate to "wake up" the unit instead of having to grab the remote to turn the unit on.

Bob

BrentPollard

Second Unit
The light doesn't bother me much. It is bright tho, when I turn all the lights off before bed the Rotel still gives off enough ambient light that I can manuver thru the room.:laugh: My gripe is with the remote itself. I wish you could have the option to turn off the backlight, 90% of the time I don't need it and it does drain battery power rather quickley.:frowning:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feetman
Recent bookmarks