What's new
  • Announcing New Ownership at Home Theater Forum. Learn More

TSR-7850: Trouble getting into Standby? (1 Viewer)

flycaster

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Adam
Today at 4:51 PM

I have a 5.1 setup, and am using a URC-2025BC-2 remote to control the TV, STB, and AVR (Yamaha TSR-7850, manual: https://manual.yamaha.com/av/18/tsr7850/en-US/). Until recently, clicking the remote's "Watch TV" would turn everything on and everything off. However, the remote now only turns on/off the TV and STB and I have to manually click the remote's Audio button and Power button to control the AVR. I have set the Audio button to the Yammy's code, but it is still not sync'd to the STB and TV. Aside from not functioning as it used to (Yammy sync'd with TV and STB). I have noticed the I now never see the AVR's standby light on. Somehow, I think that it should be on in order to get all to sync. But, as much as I read the Yammy's manual,I'm just not getting it and can't get that standby light to go on...thus, I really don't know if the Yammy is going or not going into standby mode when all is shut off? So, basically, I would like to know what I'm missing in not being able to sync all three devices with the remote and how do I get standby to show?

flycaster

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Adam
The remote was originally programmed when Hotwire became our supplier, and the TV, AVR and STB all were sync'd until recently. All I just did was to program the remote's AVR button by allowing the remote to search for the right code. Now this is interesting, when setting up for the code search, the instructions were to have the AVR on and it would go off when the right code was discovered. Well, it did go off, leading me to think all would be sync'd. However, when all devices were off and I clicked Watch TV, only the TV and STB would go on and I'd have to select the AVR button and then select the power button to get the AVR on. With all devices on, selecting the Watch TV button would shut down the TV and STB, but not the AVR (had to do that with AVR button/Power button.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chantalc
Recent bookmarks