Rolling Stones "Hot Rocks" SACD?

Garrett Lundy

Producer
Reaction score
OK, simple question: Is the new Rolling Stone's 'Hot Rocks' Vol.1 hybrid SACD a stereo or multi-channel mix?

I've only got a stereo system right now and will just stick with my copy of the "regular" CD if the SACD mix isn't 5.1

Rachael B

Producer
Reaction score
Real Name
Rachael Bellomy
You'll be missing out. I never pick my software strictly by channel count. Will you regret not buying a copy down the line, if it becomes OOP? Maybe, maybe not...? The SA-CD kicks serious butt IMO. BROWN SUGAR sounds better than my pristene LD's track.

Hasn't it become apparent that the labels are not going to struggle to make M/C mixes of everything ever recorded, yet, if ever...??? The Stones didn't want it done anyway. Great album, great sound, I'd buy it myelf, opps, I already did.

AricB

Second Unit
Reaction score
does anyone have the london years,I've been eyeing that one, how does it compare to the cd?

the only thing that is in Multi for the stones is the remix single of Sympathy for the Devil, which sounds fantastic. I wish they would have included it on the Rolling Stone(magazine) sampler I have, so I didnt have to skip through the silly remixes to get to it all the time.

DaveDickey

Stunt Coordinator
Reaction score
In my experience, the stereo SACD hybrids basically make your speakers sound like they cost three times as much. A pretty good value ratio for a $28 disc.

Rachael B

Producer
Reaction score
Real Name
Rachael Bellomy
That's a good way to look at it Dave!

Lee Scoggins

Producer
Reaction score
Real Name
Lee

Well stated.

Anthony Hom

Supporting Actor
Reaction score
The SACD hot rocks is alot better than the Abkco US hot rocks set, but not much better than the stereo London Hot Rocks from England and Europe.

Jeff_CusBlues

Supporting Actor
Reaction score
Real Name
Jeff

He is speaking of the CDs released under the London label in England and Europe. They were available in the US (maybe Canada too?) as imports. These releases were much better mixes than the ABCKO releases. I have Hot Rocks and have not upgraded to the SACD released however I did buy enough of the other Stones releases to have all the songs represented (except those on The London Years). In time, I will probably buy the Hot Rocks and London Years SACDs.

Brian L

Producer
Premium
Reaction score

Are the Stones on Laser Disc, or is that "big disc cat" thing gone to your head?

BGL

Dennis Nicholls

Executive Producer
Reaction score
Real Name
Dennis
She got her "D" mixed up with her "P". Hey they're both "big disks".

Rachael B

Producer
Reaction score
Real Name
Rachael Bellomy
I have thousands of 12" discs total. I have both kinds too, kuntry and western.

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Montelereplay