What's new

Roll Bounce (1 Viewer)

Kevin Farley

Second Unit
I can't believe I'm starting this thread. This was a fun movie! I guess it got two thumbs up. I really enjoyed it, especially the skating. As a former roller rink rat (Skate City, Semoran Skateway, and All-American in the Orlando area) I really dug this. I was impressed with Chi McBride and Bow Wow, good acting. And the story doesn't suck. Check out Roger Ebert's review for one better than I can do. This movie will make you want to get skates again... and great classic music!

RyanAn

Screenwriter
As someone who gave up the skates after about 2 seconds of air thanks to gravity, this movie gives me new hope. While it is not a perfect film, the chemistry between the 5 boys is something no one can take apart. A little over the top, but not at central moments. Good music, great choreography.

Ryan

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
Plan to watch this over Columbus Day, 4 day weekend for me and the wife and if all goes right the kids will be with auntie.

Hunter P

Screenwriter
Man, I've been wanting to see this ever since the first trailer. Looks like a fun movie. Unfortunately I haven't found the time or convinced anyone to go with me yet.:frowning:

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I used to see Meagan Good on the Jersey. Pretty girl, as can be seen in the trailer.

I haven't seen Drumline, but I get the same "positivity" vibes from this trailer as I did from what I know of that movie. It kind of feels like SNL meets Drumline, with a little Inkwell thrown in.

Good music, from the trailer. I've been listening to my Bill Withers CD lately, and he seems to be popping up everywhere. Use Me in a financial ad, Lovely Day in this trailer.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Finally got around to seeing this. Pretty good movie with a fantastic soundtrack. Does anyone know what music first plays as the "Sweetness theme?" I liked the song, but I erased the movie from my DVR before I could go back and pick up some lyrics to do a search. I thought I'd know from the soundtrack listing, but I'm not sure. It may be Superman Lover by Johnny "Guitar" Watson.

Here's a weird question: does anyone know what the hell I was talking about in my last post when I said "it kind of feels like SNL meets Drumline?" What is SNL? I know I couldn't have meant Saturday Night Live. Maybe I meant Saturday Night Fever and used the wrong letter.

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member

That's how I took it, Saturday Night Fever as oppose to SNL.
THAT BOY GOT'S STRETCH PANTS, THAT BOY GOT'S STRETCH PANTS:laugh:

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
I absolutely loved this film and its music and I grew up with the old school, the disco, the funk from the 80's etc. Funny stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks