Roll Bounce

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Kevin Farley, Oct 2, 2005.

1. Kevin Farley

Kevin Farley Second Unit

I can't believe I'm starting this thread. This was a fun movie! I guess it got two thumbs up. I really enjoyed it, especially the skating. As a former roller rink rat (Skate City, Semoran Skateway, and All-American in the Orlando area) I really dug this. I was impressed with Chi McBride and Bow Wow, good acting. And the story doesn't suck. Check out Roger Ebert's review for one better than I can do. This movie will make you want to get skates again... and great classic music!

2. RyanAn

RyanAn Screenwriter

As someone who gave up the skates after about 2 seconds of air thanks to gravity, this movie gives me new hope. While it is not a perfect film, the chemistry between the 5 boys is something no one can take apart. A little over the top, but not at central moments. Good music, great choreography.

Ryan

3. Jerome Grate

Jerome Grate Cinematographer

Plan to watch this over Columbus Day, 4 day weekend for me and the wife and if all goes right the kids will be with auntie.

4. Hunter P

Hunter P Screenwriter

Man, I've been wanting to see this ever since the first trailer. Looks like a fun movie. Unfortunately I haven't found the time or convinced anyone to go with me yet.[​IMG]

5. Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H Executive Producer

Greg
    I used to see Meagan Good on the Jersey. Pretty girl, as can be seen in the trailer.

I haven't seen Drumline, but I get the same "positivity" vibes from this trailer as I did from what I know of that movie. It kind of feels like SNL meets Drumline, with a little Inkwell thrown in.

Good music, from the trailer. I've been listening to my Bill Withers CD lately, and he seems to be popping up everywhere. Use Me in a financial ad, Lovely Day in this trailer.

6. Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H Executive Producer

Greg
    Finally got around to seeing this. Pretty good movie with a fantastic soundtrack. Does anyone know what music first plays as the "Sweetness theme?" I liked the song, but I erased the movie from my DVR before I could go back and pick up some lyrics to do a search. I thought I'd know from the soundtrack listing, but I'm not sure. It may be Superman Lover by Johnny "Guitar" Watson.

Here's a weird question: does anyone know what the hell I was talking about in my last post when I said "it kind of feels like SNL meets Drumline?" What is SNL? I know I couldn't have meant Saturday Night Live. Maybe I meant Saturday Night Fever and used the wrong letter.

7. Jerome Grate

Jerome Grate Cinematographer

That's how I took it, Saturday Night Fever as oppose to SNL.
    THAT BOY GOT'S STRETCH PANTS, THAT BOY GOT'S STRETCH PANTS[​IMG]

8. Neil Joseph

Neil Joseph Lead Actor

Neil Joseph
    I absolutely loved this film and its music and I grew up with the old school, the disco, the funk from the 80's etc. Funny stuff.