What's new

Roll Bounce (1 Viewer)

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
The teaser trailer certainly got me groovin', and the director of the hilarious Undercover Brother, Malcolm D. Lee, is behind the camera. However, the teaser only mentioned "the director of The Best Man," which I haven't seen. I loved how there wasn't any dialogue (with one minor exception) or voice-over in the teaser, an uncommon trait for trailers for a movie in this genre. I'll probably check this out on DVD.

EDIT: Ugh. The official site lists the release date as September 16th. September isn't a good month for new releases. I hope this isn't another You Got Served. But, Malcolm is behind it, so I've got some faith.

EDIT 2: A Yahoo! article states that the release date was bumped up to July 1st.

Steve Felix

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Steve Felix
I'm not part of any target demographic for this (except maybe age) but that teaser is one of the best I can remember. It exudes confidence. Plus, it looks very well shot.

The trailer is more formulaic but this still stands as a must see for me, especially since Lee is directing. "Lovely Day" by Bill Withers sets a great tone in both of them.

I actually want to see this -- now that's advertising.

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
Does anybody know the source of the instrumental music in the trailer?

BridgetJZ

Second Unit
i don't know but its AWESOME!! looking forward to seeing this and buying the soul-full soundtrack

:emoji_thumbsup:

Mikah Cerucco

Senior HTF Member

There are several different songs used. Can you give us a timestamp? I think I know every song in the trailer as well as who performs it, so I could probably answer you. There's only one song that I can't remember the name of, and who performed it, but I do know the song, so it may come to me.

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
I can't give you a timestamp, but it starts when the words "This Fall" appear on the trailer, which appear right after one of the guys gets his pants pulled down. Out of curiousity, can you name all the songs you know that are in the trailer? I downloaded "Lovely Day" and "Hollywood Swingin'" from iTunes after I saw the teaser.

Mikah Cerucco

Senior HTF Member
I think the timestamp you're referring to is at 1:22, and is song #5. I just quickly made this list, though there's probably a better one somewhere out there on the internet...

Songs from Roll Bounce Trailer
------------------------------

1. Kool & The Gang - Hollywood Swingin
2. (Can't remember)
3. Taste of Honey - Boogie Oogie Oogie
4. Unknown
5. O'Jays - Back Stabbers
6. Same song as #2

I hope that helps.

Timothy Alexander

Second Unit
Thomas: The instrumental for that is called Backstabbers by the O'Jays.

Mikah: Song #2 and #6 is called "Lovely Day" by Bill Withers.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks