What's new

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (2016) (1 Viewer)

Should Rogue One have the usual Star Wars crawl?

• Yes

Votes: 60 69.0%
  • No

Votes: 27 31.0%

• Total voters

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I had to think for a bit on whether this film should have the traditional SW crawl. In the end, I figured that it should.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
I had to think for a bit on whether this film should have the traditional SW crawl. In the end, I figured that it should.

It certainly will not have it! ;) There was a very recent news, maybe last week, that repeated from an insider source that there is no crawl.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
636146859246950936-R1-IMAX-Oversize-1-Sht-v1-lg.jpg

Since this was shot digitally, can we suppose it is more IMAX ready than TFA 35mm? Does it have more resolution?

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I don't understand what you mean by "more IMAX ready" - just about any movie can be converted to IMAX, as was the case for the 35mm portions of TFA. There was almost certainly more resolution on the negative than the DCP, since Disney is comfortable with a 2K post production workflow.

We know that Rogue One is being shot with the Arri Alexa meant to emulate the look of a 65mm camera, and that the Ultra Panavision lenses being used are the same ones used for Hateful Eight. But we don't know at what resolution the digital intermediate is being done at. Given Disney's history with TFA and their Marvel films, if it's only 2K, that wouldn't surprise me. I would be surprised, though not shocked, if they're finally 4K ready.

At any rate, the movie will be playing in IMAX digital and laser locations. It is unknown at this time if any 15/70 IMAX prints will be made, but I would tend to doubt it.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
I don't understand what you mean by "more IMAX ready"
I think it's clear. If it has more resolution, the better the IMAX version will be.

They are seriously still rendering their effects, their pipeline in 2K? 2K is a home resolution. Especially with more 4K TVs and Monitors, 4K should be the minimum resolution of their output.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
So is this essentially telling Princess Leia's story prior to the opening scene in STAR WARS?

Carabimero

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
I am still excited but I don't think I am going to the first show of ROGUE ONE. I have seen every SW movie opening day, first show, but SW movies will be coming too fast and furiously now, so unless it's my wife's idea to go to the first show of Rogue One, I am only going to keep my streak alive for movies that are episodes.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Has anybody heard when the tickets will go sale?
The RUMOR is that since ABC is running a Disney special with some Star Wars content on Thanksgiving night, tickets will go on sale that night. Similar to last year when they ran a TFA trailer during the World Series (?) and then put the tickets on sale.

I think there may be some confirmation on The Star Wars Show (which goes up online on Wednesdays) so it could be announced on there today or next Wednesday.

EDIT: No ticket announcement on The Star Wars Show this week so I'm guessing at some point in the next week, it'll be announced on starwars.com and everywhere else.

Last edited:

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
So is this essentially telling Princess Leia's story prior to the opening scene in STAR WARS?

No. There's no indication Leia is a character in the film. At best, she would have a fleeting cameo.

That said, the real-life Princess Leia's story got a lot more interesting yesterday.

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
No. There's no indication Leia is a character in the film. At best, she would have a fleeting cameo.

That said, the real-life Princess Leia's story got a lot more interesting yesterday.

Yeah I read about that today. Brown chicken Brown cow!! :)

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Also, I'm surprised it's stayed a secret this long. There isn't a whole lot she hasn't put in a memoir up to this point. When she said her first advice to Daisy Ridley was, "Don't sleep with the entire crew," you had to figure something was up.

I'll always admire Fisher for her longstanding grudge with Liz Taylor. If they reconciled before Taylor's death, I don't want to know.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Also, I'm surprised it's stayed a secret this long. There isn't a whole lot she hasn't put in a memoir up to this point. When she said her first advice to Daisy Ridley was, "Don't sleep with the entire crew," you had to figure something was up.

I'll always admire Fisher for her longstanding grudge with Liz Taylor. If they reconciled before Taylor's death, I don't want to know.

I just kind of assumed she banged Ford

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Also, I'm surprised it's stayed a secret this long. There isn't a whole lot she hasn't put in a memoir up to this point.

I think it was solely out of respect for Ford's ex-wife. She passed away last year of cancer, so there is nothing to hide anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks