What's new

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (2016) (1 Viewer)

Should Rogue One have the usual Star Wars crawl?

• Yes

Votes: 60 69.0%
  • No

Votes: 27 31.0%

• Total voters

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Trailer is pure Star Wars including some cheesy dialogue. Not feeling Jones at all. She feels very one tone in every scene she's in

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Thought it was s good trailer. However I'm not nearly as psyched as I was for TFA. I would say I'm about 70% as psyched.

Anyone else?

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Thought it was s good trailer. However I'm not nearly as psyched as I was for TFA. I would say I'm about 70% as psyched.

Anyone else?

I'm not really psyched at this time. Don't get me wrong, I'll be seeing it, and opening night because Star Wars, but as of this moment, I'm not convinced this is a necessary movie. The Star Wars radio adaptation that used to be canon but no longer is had a version of the story for how the Death Star plans were stolen, so I feel like it's old territory. And I think the animated Star Wars Rebels show has been fantastic, and also covers a lot of the same ground. To me, Rogue One seems a little redundant. I'm also not the biggest fan of Gareth Edwards - I hated his first movie, Monsters, and I thought his Godzilla was just okay. And I'm not in love with the idea of a prequel or middle movie, where so much of what happens is already locked in before it starts. We know that they will have to succeed at stealing the Death Star plans, so there will be no suspense about the outcome. And it could end up demystifying a little too much of the Empire or Rebellion inner workings and could end up shrinking the universe more than I'd like. I see a lot of potential downside for telling this particular story, and not a lot of upside.

That's not to say that I won't see it and be totally blown away, I'm hoping that'll happen. But I have very little enthusiasm about it at this moment.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member

Anyone else?
I'm always going to look forward to Star Wars movies but it's unlikely that I will ever be as excited about any movie as I was about The Force Awakens. MAYBE Episodes VIII and IX but possibly not because TFA had the advantages of being the first SW movie in a decade and being the first movie where I got to see all the OT characters that I love again.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug

Anyone else?

I'm curious about Rogue One, not really psyched. It'll be interesting to see if the first Star Wars spin-off film feels like Star Wars or not. I'm also curious about how they'll handle Vader. It sure does look gorgeous though!

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
LOL indeed. :lol:
They are not totally off. It's too soon to tell from a trailer but I suspect that the re-shoots were for that. As I said before Felicity Jones is cold and distant in her movies. They might have wanted to soften that hard edge.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
They are not totally off. It's too soon to tell from a trailer but I suspect that the re-shoots were for that. As I said before Felicity Jones is cold and distant in her movies. They might have wanted to soften that hard edge.
I though she was very endearing in Chalet Girl. It helped that she dropped the posh reserve for a working class accent and attitude.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
She was also very endearing in The Theory Of Everything. Don't agree with the cold and distant comment. To each his own I guess.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
New character posters:

R1_Character_1Sht_Baze_v1_Sm.jpg

R1_Character_1Sht_Cassian_v1_Sm.jpg

R1_Character_1Sht_Krennic_v1_Sm.jpg

R1_Character_1Sht_Saw_v1_Sm.jpg

R1_Character_1Sht_Bodhi_v1_Sm.jpg

R1_Character_1Sht_Chirrut_v1_Sm.jpg

R1_Character_1Sht_Droid_v1_Sm.jpg

R1_Character_1Sht_Jyn_v2_Sm.jpg

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member

Anyone else?
I was really psyched about TFA, and I believe that is what killed Star Wars for me. I have come to the realization that the original trilogy are the only SW movies I really care about.
I was kind of excited about Rogue One, but the more I think of it the more it is just another story that simply does not need to be told in my opinion. The prequels ruined the mystery/ allure of Darth Vader for me, TFA killed off my favorite iconic character, and shattered the happy ending of ROTJ. So, no I'm not psyched. I'm done with Star Wars.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
I love Firefly, I hated Serenity. I think he is very suited to do the Han Solo movie. He should have done it. The Han Solo movie needs the exact same tone as Firefly.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I hope that Whedon gets to do something that isn't a spin-off using existing characters. Set the movie during the Clone Wars or the galactic civil war or between Return Of The Jedi and The Force Awakens so they don't have to waste time on setting up the state of the galaxy and can get right into the story. Use new characters that exist at the same time as the other movies but have no real interaction with anything we've seen before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks