What's new

Rockets OR Swans???? (Wife Factor) (1 Viewer)

Have posted many questions here about the same thing and gotten some great help and ideas. Based on Wife inputs, I have slightly changed my mind. She wants real wood and no compromises on sound quality. Thus have to get rid of my original plans to get the Axioms. Would greatly appreciate opinions on the following systems.

Swan: 5.2BC(fronts) C3BC(center) R3BC(surrounds)
6.1BC(fronts) C3BC(center) R3BC(surrounds)

Rocket: RS550(fronts) RSC200(center) RSS300(surrounds)
RS750(fronts) RSC200(center) RSS300(surrounds)

Would I still need a separate subwoofer (SVS)???

Which would be the best system for both Movies(HT)& Music

Luitz

Stunt Coordinator
Yes SVS order it now.
As for the speakers.
To bad you cant listen to them. Maybe ask the wife which look she likes the best.
I highly doubt your hear a diff with thoses lvls of speakers.Looks like they both use simular drivers..

Lets us know what u did
HAVE FUN:D

Arnold_R

Stunt Coordinator
I don't think you could go wrong with either speaker for HT and music. But I'd give my nod to the Rockets because I have them:D and love their sound and looks:emoji_thumbsup: My wife loves the way they look too, makes my entertainment center look plain:frowning:

As for a sub, I'd say yes(especially for HT). You run the Rockets w/o a sub, but if you want that last octave or so...

Arnold

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
I have not heard the Swans, so I can’t comment Tom. Either of the Rocket packages would provide wonderful sound for HT. I have the 550/200/300 setup and have listened carefully to a 750/200/5550 configuration.

The 750s are a bit tighter that the 550s and I think a better choice if you are really picky about music reproduction. They also have more of a ‘slam’ in the mid-bass area at high volumes. I find the 550s to be a bit brighter on the high end, but I have not heard the current version of the 750s that I understand have been given a slight treble boost. The 750s especially benefit from receivers that can provide a lot of clean power, but, depending on your room size this might not be so important.

I ran mine without a sub for several months and it sounded quite good. But the system does sound better with a sub.

If your wife is picky, you may want to think about the Hsu VTF-3R (this has a rosewood cabinet that is made in the same factory as the Rockets, so it will match very well), or the UFW-10, which will work well so long as you don’t have a large room or need a lot of sound pressure from your sub (I have this and it is very good), or the new UFW-12. Not at all a knock on SVS, as they make a fine product. But if looks are a consideration, the rosewood subs from Hsu or Rocket might be the answer.

·Call Sean, Steve or Greg at AV123 for advice on choosing the 750s or 550s. They won’t steer you wrong.

Jon Lane

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the interest, Tom. Please be aware that at around 1/3 off, our "BC" models aren't real wood, they're simulated black cherry. We call 'em Faux Black Cherry, and they're high quality photographic wraps -- commonly called vinyl, although we like to think ours are a very nice vinyl... ;)

We've just adjusted prices this week and we think you'll like what you see on the site. The 5.2BC is now $729/pr. and the 5.2 in gennie Rosewood is (still) $999. Either way, our new freight company is twice as fast and some 30% less than the old one, which we really like.

Chris Quinn

Screenwriter
Have you tried audioenvy.com to see if there is anyone in your area willing to let you listen? Then you can buy whichever one sounds best to you.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks