What's new

Road To Perdition , seperet DD , DTS release ? (1 Viewer)

Fawzi Alware

Auditioning
guys , check dvdempire , they have three listing for Road To Perdition :
Road To Perdition (Widescreen):)
Road To Perdition (Fullscreen):angry:
Road To Perdition (DTS) :confused:
I thought this one will be as all dreamworks releases , DD/DTS in same DVD :confused: :confused: :confused:

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
It was reported recently that there would indeed be three seperate releases as you noted; Dolby Digital Widescreen, Dolby Digital Fullscreen and DTS Widescreen.

Dan

MarcinL

Stunt Coordinator
well just like with SAVING PRIVATE RYAN, I hope I know this up front, because I bought the DD SPR when it first came out, and than I noticed DTS only SPR and bought it ans sold the DD. So for me Road to Perdition is going to only be DTS, I hope its Widescreen LOL, Having DTS and pan and scan must be the worst idea ever.

Wassup with them doing PAN&SCAM anyway, i thoght they only did widescreen?

Fawzi Alware

Auditioning
I don't know , I have a feeling that the studios are stepping back in time , one day we will reach to the point when we started
( single disk , static menus with only play,audio,chapter,trailer :angry: no extras, non anamorphic ):D
I'm really started loving NewLine more and more, it's the only studio that pushing the DVD format to it's limits :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
Will DTS also include DD? I doubt it, though. I'd love to have the DTS version, but as I don't have a decoder, I can only play back DTS on my computer. I guess it's just the regular Widescreen for me.

Aaron Garman

Second Unit
Hello all. The dts version either has to have a dolby track or a PCM track as well to keep the DVD spec. In all liklihood, it will have a 2.0 DD track and a dts track. I haven't seen the film yet, but I may just have to do a blind purchase on this one. Cheers!

AJ Garman

AaronMK

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Aaron Karp
I find this announcement odd as well. I thought, with the exception of Saving Private Ryan, seperate DTS releases had gone out when half-bitrate DTS came in.

Wait! Could it be.....

Daniel P

Stunt Coordinator
I'm just hoping separate dts means it will sound better than the Dolby mix - as on SPR...

Dan Hitchman

Senior HTF Member
I doubt it will be full bitrate. We can hope, but I still doubt it.

And yes, the DD track on the DTS version will be 2.0 Surround.

Universal (who seems to do DreamWork's discs) could have put both the Jaws and Jurassic Park separate DTS releases at full bitrate, but no... I have to shake my head sometimes at Universal. Hard to know if anyone really has a clue over there.

Dan

greg_t

Screenwriter
Dan is right. Why release seperate DTS versions of movies will little to no extras like on SPR and jaws, and only go half bitrate? Just makes no sense.

AaronMK

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Aaron Karp
Well, SPR was a very long movie.

Also, it isn't just space, full bitrate takes quite a bit more headroom out of the max 11 Mbps transfer rate. The spec would still require an additional DD or PCM track on top of that (DD 2.0 usually filled that requirement). Those two tracks would be about equivelent to a half bitrate DTS, a 448 Kbps DD 5.1, a DD 2.0 track, and a commentary or two.

Many of the transfers that receive praise around here peak at 10Mbps in many places. I have to wonder if full bitrate DTS is really enough of an improvement to warrent the headroom it would eat up from the video portion.

Although, now we are getting very picky.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks