What's new

RIP Harry Anderson (1 Viewer)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
This one is pretty shocking to me. He was only 65.

Most famous for Judge Harry T. Stone on "Night Court", he'll always be the (fictionalized) Dave Barry on "Dave's World" to me.

Blimpoy06

Screenwriter
Real Name
Darin
He'll always be Harry the Hat to me.
vlcsnap-2018-04-16-21h35m52s769.png

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
"Harry" will be missed. I never met him but I would suspect he was a genuinely nice and fun-loving guy. His kind and easy-going approach on Night Court seemed too perfect to be scripted.

Dave Lawrence

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
Definitely wasn't expecting this unfortunate news. I always enjoyed his TV work, from the early days of Cheers to Night Court to the underrated Dave's World. (He also wrote a few episodes of both NC and DW.)

He will be missed, but fortunately much of his work is available on disc.

R.I.P., Harry.

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Especially Night Court-- only the first third of that 1984-92 NBC comedy is on regular discs, and the remainder on MODs, but at least we have it.

Only 4 and 5 are strictly MoD.

6-9 were originally on pressed discs if you ordered directly through the Archives, and copies may still be available.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I had no idea he and his family lived in Asheville, NC, just a couple of hours from where I live. There was a BIG headline in this morning's on-line edition about his passing. So sad and such a shock, too! WIll always have fond memories of his work.

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George
Seems too young of an age to go. I remember him from Night Court, of course, but also It and I think he was the probation officer in Tough Guys. I don't remember Cheers enough to know Harry the Hat.

RIP

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
We all know Night Court, but let us not forget Harry the Hat on Cheers.

You can even figure Harry the Hat conned his way into being a judge in New York if you need continuity.

My initial exposure to Harry Anderson was Night Court. He seemed so young and hip but yet he was a judge and a very compassionate one at that. He became one of my most admired TV characters as a child. Oddly, I only saw the Harry the Hat character in Cheers reruns many years later and I didn't like one of my TV icons being portrayed as a con man. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks