What's new

Theatrical Bob Marley: One Love (2024)

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Title: Bob Marley: One Love (2024)

Tagline: First he changed music, then he changed the world.

Genre: Music, Drama

Director: Reinaldo Marcus Green

Cast: Kingsley Ben-Adir, Lashana Lynch, Jesse Cilio, James Norton, Tosin Cole, Michael Gandolfini, Nadine Marshall, Anthony Welsh, Sundra Oakley, Umi Myers, Cornelius Grant, Hector Donald Lewis, Nestor Aaron Absera

Release: 2024-02-14

Runtime: 104

Plot: Jamaican singer-songwriter Bob Marley overcomes adversity to become the most famous reggae musician in the world.

What a missed opportunity. Just about the only thing that goes right with this movie is the acting...everyone is giving it their all.

Otherwise, the script is missing key scenes/plot points connecting the film together.

Why is Bob Marley so intent on playing in Jamaica? Why is there a through line of his father yet it's never really important? His other children are used against him in an argument at one point...but we never see these are his other children from other women.

Also, most damning for me, it's very difficult to understand the dialogue in this movie. I have a problem with this a lot of the time (I watched Escape from Alcatraz earlier this week at home and needed subtitles). When I have to actively work my butt off to understand what is being said, I'm bound to miss a lot.

Definitely a not recommended.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks