What's new

Region 2 TV Product on DVD Cheap (1 Viewer)

Neil Middlemiss

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Middlemiss
I have just ordered a region free DVD player, I am intersted in picking up a bunch of TV product on R2 but don't know where the best place to get it from.
I am intersted in picking up titles like Family Guy season 1, Buffy seasons 3, 4, 5, Angel seasons 1 and 2 etc?

Any suggestions?
Thanks

GregoryP

Supporting Actor
I can't specifically tell you about those titles, but I've purchased all of my Region 2 DVDs from Bensons World. Link Removed They have good prices and their free shipping to the US has made them the cheapest place I've found so far.
Gregory

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Order from Australia as much as possible. Always much cheaper

Also, I highly recommend waiting on the Buffy sets. Season 3 starts on FX again on OCtober 22

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
Free shipping @ Bensonsworld = :emoji_thumbsup: The site is pretty spartan, but if you already know what you want, it'll do the job.
Heck, you can always buy the Buffy sets now & eBay 'em later (if you are willing to give up the ultra-cool UK packaging). You won't get a lot of your money back, but probably enough to pay for the U.S. sets. Waiting until 2003 is just too long to wait for S3. :D
-Dave

CraigL

Screenwriter
Any idea if Will & Grace is going to be released in Australia? I'd like to get it but it's just too damn expensive from the UK.

Christopher D

Second Unit
Yeah, and if you have to order R2 be sure to check Amazon UK -- they take the VAT out of the price (on checkout), and I don't think the other big etailers do.

Hendrik

Supporting Actor
...yes they do... they have to!
...to clarify: a European (or Australian) e-tailer can A) show prices INCLUDING VAT, or B) show prices EXCLUDING VAT... in example A if the sale is to a buyer OUTSIDE THE EU (or Australia), the VAT will be deducted... if the sale is to a buyer INSIDE THE EU (or Australia) the VAT stays ... in example B if the sale is to a buyer OUTSIDE THE EU (or Australia), the price shown will be charged... if the sale is to a buyer INSIDE THE EU (or Australia) the VAT will be added to this price...
...really it's no different than if someone in Boston, Massachusetts say, orders something from a California store: he will NOT be charged the California (State? local?) Sales Tax, whereas someone living in, say San Francisco, California say, ordering the same whatever from the same store WILL be charged the tax... I think...

VAT (UK) = Value Added Tax / in France the same thing is called TVA = Taxe sur la valeur ajoutée / in Germany (and in the German-speaking part of Switzerland, and, I suspect in Austria and Liechtenstein as well) the same thing is called MWSt = Mehrwertsteuer
. . .

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks