What's new
World Wide Stereo

Recommendations Please (speakers/sub) (1 Viewer)

EYESPORTS

Agent
Real Name
Bruce
Family Room - approx 20 x 25 (ft) - wood floors. Going with a Denon AVR2807 Receiver. Up front, going to use Paradigm Reference Studio Series - probably cc470 and either Studio 20's or 40's. Questions: (1) would an SVS -PB12 SubWoofer be OK or HSU similar? (2) for the surround sound I need to use "in-ceiling" speakers. Looking for recommendations on the in-ceiling speakers as well. Thanks.

728x90

Robert SW

Auditioning
Ho boy! Since no one else has jumped in, I'll venture. That is a moderate big room -- assuming an 8 ft ceiling its 4000 ft^3. Any large openings to other rooms? If so you may actually "need" a dual 12" ported sub -- like the PB12-Plus/2 or get two VTF-3 HO's. I would get the Studio 40's for your L/R mains for the better SPL sensitivity 89 dB anechoic. Even then some of us would use an external power amp to drive the mains and maybe the CC with the moderate powered AVR you list. This advice is to get close to reference levels while playing movies on DVD. I know it sounds excessive to start out with :b . YMMV

Bob

Blaine_M

Second Unit
Check out the Paradigm CS-60R-SM for in ceiling speakers. I use one as my rear center for 6.1. It has two tweeters that can be wired in mono to spread the sound out a little, work great for surrounds, ask your dealer about them. They are sold individually and should run about $130 each.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anonymous01
Recent bookmarks