What's new

Upgrading Home theater (1 Viewer)

Mallow81

Auditioning
Real Name
Brandon
Hello! I am new to this forum.
So I've spent the last 3 weeks researching and have gotten close to a decision.
I have already purchased the Denon AVR-x4700h. (Replaced my Onkyo TX-NR656)
My current 5.1 is the Energy Take Classic 5.1 (total 500$ when purchased).

I am looking to first upgrade my front sound stage (L,C,R) + Sub. The Take Classic bookshelf speakers work quite well as satellites and Atmos and they will do until I get more money.
My budget is under 1500$. Unfortunately, I am in Japan where prices (and availability) are much higher. There are also no places to go and demo / listen to any home theater speakers in Okinawa. So based on research and (highly limited) available options I've been able to narrow my purchase options to the following:

Klipsch
R-610F
R-25C
R-12W
(Total Cost: 1110USD)

OR:

Polk Signature Elite
ES50
ES35 --could go with the ES30 {it is 100$ cheaper here}, but I hear the dialogue is clearer with the 35, and I can use crossover to reduce the distortion from the bass
R-12W (the PSW10 is only 50$ cheaper but I don't think it matches the ability of the R-12w)
(Total Cost: 1400USD)

OR:

JBL STAGE
A190
A125C
SUB A100P
(Total Cost: 1320USD)

Can someone give me their experience with these speakers? Or any comparison between the options?

NOTE: Please do not recommend other speakers, they are not an option based on price / availability here.
Thank you so much!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NenaSiddall
Recent bookmarks