What's new

Recommendations for musical bookshelfs under $300 (1 Viewer)

Boka

Stunt Coordinator
The subject just about says it all. I'm look for ideas as to what a good pair of bookshelf speakers would be for listening to music. Must be under $300/pair. The music isn't going to be played super loud and I'm not a bass freak. I'm more interested in beautiful sound.

Thanks

Boka

Stunt Coordinator
The subject just about says it all. I'm look for ideas as to what a good pair of bookshelf speakers would be for listening to music. Must be under $300/pair. The music isn't going to be played super loud and I'm not a bass freak. I'm more interested in beautiful sound.

Thanks

Andrew Pezzo

Second Unit
There are many options to choose from but I would start with the Energy Connoissuer c-1's. I had a pair and they sounded better than a set of floorstanding speakers (except for the bass output) I had costing 4 times as much.

Andrew Pezzo

Second Unit
There are many options to choose from but I would start with the Energy Connoissuer c-1's. I had a pair and they sounded better than a set of floorstanding speakers (except for the bass output) I had costing 4 times as much.

ColinM

Senior HTF Member
Athena B2, based on experience with the B1 / HK AVR110.

Would leave $$ for stands / wire.

Good luck!

ColinM

Senior HTF Member
Athena B2, based on experience with the B1 / HK AVR110.

Would leave $$ for stands / wire.

Good luck!

keir

Stunt Coordinator
axiom speakers are very neutral and sound very nice for music or anything else. m2i's go for $255 per pair. i think the m3ti's are a bit over 300 but will give better bass response without a subwoofer. energy is another canadian company known for neutral good speakers.

keir

Stunt Coordinator
axiom speakers are very neutral and sound very nice for music or anything else. m2i's go for $255 per pair. i think the m3ti's are a bit over 300 but will give better bass response without a subwoofer. energy is another canadian company known for neutral good speakers.

BradZ

Stunt Coordinator
try to check out Acoustic Energy Aegis Evo 1. Very fine little speaker for the price.

BradZ

Stunt Coordinator
try to check out Acoustic Energy Aegis Evo 1. Very fine little speaker for the price.

JamesCB

Second Unit
Since we're throwing around names...

How about Phase Technology? Don't hear too much about this brand. All their lines are very musical. Very detailed, without being bright or harsh. Site: Phase Technology The bookshelves in the Teatro or Velocity line are less than $300/pr. The PC Series start at about $480/pr.

I like to add a little background on Phase Tech(PT). PT is the brand name of United Speaker Systems. They have been producing drivers for well known companies, like Electro-Voice and McIntosh, since 1954. The president, Bill Hecth, holds the patent on several revolutionary designs such as the soft-dome tweeter and self-damping voice coil woofer. All of their speakers are designed and manufactured (including cabinets, drivers, and crossovers) in their Jacksonville, Florida factory.

Good luck hunting,
James

JamesCB

Second Unit
Since we're throwing around names...

How about Phase Technology? Don't hear too much about this brand. All their lines are very musical. Very detailed, without being bright or harsh. Site: Phase Technology The bookshelves in the Teatro or Velocity line are less than $300/pr. The PC Series start at about $480/pr.

I like to add a little background on Phase Tech(PT). PT is the brand name of United Speaker Systems. They have been producing drivers for well known companies, like Electro-Voice and McIntosh, since 1954. The president, Bill Hecth, holds the patent on several revolutionary designs such as the soft-dome tweeter and self-damping voice coil woofer. All of their speakers are designed and manufactured (including cabinets, drivers, and crossovers) in their Jacksonville, Florida factory.

Good luck hunting,
James

Alan Wise

Stunt Coordinator
Boka,
I think we have neglected to ask you a very basic question: What equipment will be driving these speakers? All that were listed earlier may have varying degrees of sound quality depending on whether you have a Yamaha, Denon, Sony, H/K, Onkyo, etc....., receiver.
Also, do you have a separate subwoofer?

Let us know so you can get the most from this forum.

Best Regards, Al. Wise

Alan Wise

Stunt Coordinator
Boka,
I think we have neglected to ask you a very basic question: What equipment will be driving these speakers? All that were listed earlier may have varying degrees of sound quality depending on whether you have a Yamaha, Denon, Sony, H/K, Onkyo, etc....., receiver.
Also, do you have a separate subwoofer?

Let us know so you can get the most from this forum.

Best Regards, Al. Wise

Boka

Stunt Coordinator
These will be my "B" speakers off of a Denon AVR-1802. They will be in a different room from the main speakers and there will be no sub.

Boka

Stunt Coordinator
These will be my "B" speakers off of a Denon AVR-1802. They will be in a different room from the main speakers and there will be no sub.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks