What's new

Recommendations for musical bookshelfs under $300 (1 Viewer)

Boka

Stunt Coordinator
What's the general opinion of the JBL S-38's as music speakers if I was able to get my hands on a used set of those.

Boka

Stunt Coordinator
What's the general opinion of the JBL S-38's as music speakers if I was able to get my hands on a used set of those.

MikeKaz

Stunt Coordinator

Pretty good. I dunno if these would be first on the list if I was looking just for "musical" speakers. You might be a little better off if you got a smaller two way speaker like an energy or a paradigm. As bookshelfs, the best way to describe the S-38's is big and loud. They are fantastic for home theater and can handle boatloads of power, and have pretty good bass response. As music speakers however, they aren't as "open" as some other speakers. The soundstage seems narrower than that of other speakers I have listened to. Some people don't like the tweeter on them too much, however I have no problem with it. Also, I love the midrange sound on these speakers, and I am very happy with them overall. However if you just wanted a musical, regular sized bookshelf that didnt have to handle a lot of power, you might be better off saving yourself some room and going with one of these smaller, "fancier" brand speakers. The S-38s are fantastic speakers, it just depends on exactly what you are looking for.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks