What's new

Rear-ported speakers in entertainment center (1 Viewer)

NileDB

Grip
I am now reading threads about this and am finding out that this practice is discouraged and now so am I. I was planning to buy Paradigm Titans as my fronts, possibly tomorrow, but will hold off until I get some feedback from here.
Our RPTV will be going into an entertainment center and the WAF demands that as many speakers be "hidden" as possible (towers, NO!!!). I was planning on putting them behind the kick-out panels to achieve her highness's wishes. Once I read this, I went looking elsewhere and found that both Axioms and Rockets are rear-ported as well.
Do I really have to ditch the Titans idea?
I am looking for a full 5.1 set up that will include decent fronts for music for under $1,000.
What are my options/your learned recommendations?

AlanZ

Screenwriter
Real Name
AJ
I don't know about the Titans, but the Atoms, even though they are rear ported, have some sort of a chamber designed into the speaker which allows them more flexibility with placement. I had to place mine somewhat close to the wall when I had them, and the sales rep explained this to me. I emailed Paradigm and this was confirmed. I don't know if the Titans are similar in this regard, but at least you have another option available to you. I loved my little Atoms when I had them....to know what kind of sound I was getting for under $200 was a pretty nice feeling :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks