What's new

Reaper Season 2.... (1 Viewer)

Garrett Adams

Supporting Actor
I know I'm in the minority here but lately I'm beginning to feel Socks has crossed the line from funny outrageous to douche bag.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Oh no, he's always been a complete douche. And I'm laughing at him more then with him. Still, the entire bit of hiring Les Nessman to collect a second paycheck is pretty brilliant.

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma

Andi's solution was brilliant. Still Socks milked for all it was worth by taking up a collection. :laugh:

todd s

Senior HTF Member

Remember...Nobody can sink to Sock's level. :D

I did love Sock raging on the grief counselors.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Wow...Sam's half-brother was Batman...Alright well almost. He was the guy (Armie Hammer) that was supposedly cast to play Bats in the live action Justice League movie.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I loved that they cast someone that's like 7 feet tall, chiseled features, blue eyes, charming smile, pretty much Hitler's Aryan ideal man to be the devil's favorite son. Meanwhile Sam, who has none of those qualities but compensates with sheer tenaciousness, is the good son who has to do all of the heavy lifiting. And yet for all of that, the devil seems to be merely using Morgan as a means to test Sam. He's in the press summaries for the next three episodes too, so I don't think this is the last we've seen of him.

I'm not sure what was gained by making Andi the boss if the actor who plays Ted is sticking with the show. I guess it gives her more of a role since she doesn't have a heck of a lot else to distinguish her by, but that's it. Either way, I'm glad Ted's back because I find him hilarious.

I also like that Sam has accepted his lot in life by this point and pretty much gets on with it. Nothing really comes as a shock to him any more.

Jacob McCraw

Stunt Coordinator
They finally got around to addressing Sam's "other" Dad - I was worried they just assumed we'd all forget about that.

I am glad to see the Sock/Ted dynamic being extended - I hated that Andi found out so quickly about the sub-contracting because I wanted to see that go on for a while. Good stuff.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I am glad Ted's back...I loved when Sock told the lady to be aware of sexual predators...then Ted gets whacked around.

Will_C

Second Unit
Real Name
Will
I'm glad that Nina finally brought up the Nephalim story. Since The Devil was also an angel once, shouldn't that make Sam and Morgan Nephalim? And speaking of Nina, I'm glad they brought her into the story. Not only does she look like an angel in her human form, she has this mix of naivete about modern human culture and a sheer vicious hunting and killing instict that play really well against each other.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
It's going to depend on the ratings for the current season. This show started really late, so the CW didn't have enough date to make a firm commitment either way.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I just read at a Reaper site that Tyler Labine is set to appear in a new comedy. But, only if Reaper is not renewed. But, that is not a good sign. Also, its not doing well in the ratings. :frowning:

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Ah, the baby out of hell.... hilarious.

The whole episode was pretty classic. Including the jab at the similarity to "Buffy"
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I love how the soul of the week is basically a footnote at this point. Each episode is 90 percent about the ongoing personal and mythological arcs.

Mikah Cerucco

Senior HTF Member
The guy playing the devil is just so perfect. It's hard to see someone else playing that role at this point. Great balance of the menacing, subversive and comedic.

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Things aren't looking good for a third season.

Besides Sock signing up for a pilot, the showrunners/creators Tara Butters and Michele Fazekas have signed a development deal with 20th Century Fox, which calls for them to leave Reaper. The show could continue without them but I doubt it will.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Definitely doesn't bode well. I doubt they'd have bailed if they thought the show was going to continue. The show has a steady bench of writers -- Thomas Schnauz has written four episodes, while Jeff Vlaming, Kevin Murphy, Craig DiGregorio, Yolanda Lawrence, Kevin Etten and Chris Dingess have all written multiple episodes. If Fazeka and Butters had already plotted out the mythology of the show with the writers, it'd be fine. If they hadn't, you might get a situation like "Dead Like Me" where the show got even better.

But yeah, it's probably doomed.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Does anyone know if the show filmed an "end" at the end of this season. In case the show gets cancelled.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
The season finale is entitled, "The Devil & Sam Oliver" which (aside from the ...Daniel Webster reference) seems to promise big things.

Loved "Reaper"'s take on the idyllic yet spooky small town with a terrible secret episode. Little touches (like seeing the Sheriff's feet up on the desk as a way of immediately identifying him as a human) really sold it for me. I'm going to really miss this one if it goes.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks