What's new

Amazon Prime Reacher (2022) - Season 2 (1 Viewer)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
"Reacher" follows Jack Reacher, a veteran military police investigator who lives as a drifter, carrying no phone and the barest of essentials as he travels the country and explores the nation he once served.

Season Two of "Reacher" is based on Lee Child’s eleventh Jack Reacher novel Bad Luck and Trouble, and is written for television by Emmy-nominated writer Nick Santora, who also executive produces and serves as showrunner for the series as part of his overall deal with Skydance Television.

When the members of Reacher’s old military unit start turning up dead, Reacher has just one thing on his mind — revenge.

In addition to Alan Ritchson and Maria Sten, who are returning as Jack Reacher and Frances Neagley respectively, the season two cast includes:
  • Dean McKenzie as Stan Lowery, who served alongside Reacher in the same Special Investigator Task Force.
  • Luke Bilyk as Calvin Franz, who served alongside Reacher in the same Special Investigator Task Force.
  • Edsson Morales as Manuel Orozc, who served alongside Reacher in the same Special Investigator Task Force.
  • Andres Collantes as Jorge Sanchez, who served alongside Reacher in the same Special Investigator Task Force.
  • Shannon Kook-Chun as Tony Swan, who served alongside Reacher in the same Special Investigator Task Force.
  • Serina Swan as Karla Dixon, an extremely intelligent private investigator who has no problem holding her own in a fight against men much larger than she is.
  • Ferdinand Kingsley as A.M., a “ghost” who operates under a number of aliases and can pass for any nationality. Money is his only motivation, and he’ll work for the highest bidder.
  • Rory Cochrane as Shane Langston, a streetwise former NYPD detective with a questionable track record who is now head of security for a private defense contractor.
  • Domenick Lombardozzi as Guy Russo, a tough NYPD detective who’s investigating a case that involves several of Reacher’s former Army cohorts.
  • Ty Victor Olsson as Saropian, a brutal professional hitman who is charged with following members of Reacher’s old elite military squad.
  • Josh Blacker as Hortense Fields, a Lieutenant Colonel in the Army who oversees Reacher’s Elite 110th Special Investigator’s Unit.
  • Al Sapienza as Marsh, a formidable lieutenant with the NYPD.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
This is why the streamers sometimes have issues maintaining interest in their original series. The first season debuted Feb 4, 2022, about 6-7 months after filming wrapped in July 2021. If Season 2 is shooting now thru March 2023, we likely won't see the release until fall 2023, about 18 months or more after the first season.

Not sure why it takes them so long to produce 8-10 episodes, especially when it's an action/drama with limited CG FX.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Not sure why it takes them so long to produce 8-10 episodes, especially when it's an action/drama with limited CG FX.
A big part of it is that they're not on a schedule like the broadcast networks are. The broadcast networks need to schedule the fall for advertisers well before the current season is even finished shooting. By the time the season finale airs, scripts are already being written for the next season.

Streaming waits to see how each season performs before making renewal decisions. So streaming services are starting from anywhere from a few to several months behind right from the greenlight.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Perhaps, but I think they're sacrificing momentum, allowing the audience to move on and forget about the show by the time the next season arrives. Then they wonder why ratings fall and they end up cancelling the series after the second or third season.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Perhaps, but I think they're sacrificing momentum, allowing the audience to move on and forget about the show by the time the next season arrives. Then they wonder why ratings fall and they end up cancelling the series after the second or third season.
I'm not saying it's a good practice, I'm just saying it's the current industry practice. And it probably won't change until one of the streaming services attempts a broadcast-style production schedule and sees it pay off with viewership numbers/subscriber retention.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg

That might be a feature, and not a bug for some of these services. The more seasons a show goes, the more the cast and creatives get paid, and that eats into profitability. Syndication isn’t the big moneymaker it once was, and with these shows being short run seasons that mostly aren’t suitable for broadcast and basic cable anyway, there’s no way many of these shows are going to 100 episodes or have an outlet they can be resold to. So there’s no incentive to keep it going long term. Cheaper to make a new splash by starting over with a new property to adapt with a new cast that doesn’t cost much. I think some of these platforms would rather have two 3 season shows than one 6 season show. The streaming companies don’t really care what you watch, just that you’re keeping your subscription active to watch something.

But I get and agree with what you’re saying - I dropped off Amazon‘s Jack Ryan for that reason and probably won’t be back for a second season of Outer Range. There are few shows these days that grip me enough to sustain interest that long between seasons, especially if they’re things that require keeping track of what happened in episodes that aired what wind up being years earlier. And sometimes the formatting puts me off from even starting a show if it feels like there won’t be momentum.

nara

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hugh
Season 1 was well scripted and had good production values and an excellent supporting cast.

It's just a pity that Alan Ritchson can't act his way out of a paper bag. I can't really get enthused about a second season.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Season 1 was well scripted and had good production values and an excellent supporting cast.

It's just a pity that Alan Ritchson can't act his way out of a paper bag. I can't really get enthused about a second season.
To each his own as I thought Ritchson was great as Reacher. I'm looking forward to watching the second season.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
I wouldn't argue that Alan Ritchson has a lot of dynamic range as an actor; but his direct, no-nonsense approach to the character of Reacher works very well for me.

Here is a link to the Season 2 - Official trailer on YouTube (minus going to hollywoodreporter.com)...

Looks like action galore. Looking forward to season two, although I am going to miss Roscoe. :(

- Walter.

Jeff Flugel

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Flugel
Finally! Looks great, can't wait. The "one ep a week" release pattern is different from last time, which will keep me from gobbling the whole season up at once like a bag of Cheetos. That's probably smart on Prime's part, might keep the show in the public eye a little longer as S2 plays out.

Last edited:

Wes Candela

Visual Storytelling Enthusiast
Premium
Real Name
Wes Candela
Finally! Looks great, can't wait. The "one ep a week" release pattern is different from last time, which will keep me from gobbling the whole season up at once like a bag of Cheetos. That's probably smart on Prime's part, might keep the show in the public eye a little longer as S2 plays out.
Underrated show
let’s hope it gets some eyes on it

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
It's a month before the premiere. That means with Bosch: Legacy finishing up Friday (and I'll stretch those last two episodes over five days or so), that means basically a three week wait for another much anticipated series.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks