What's new

Question For Gord Lacey... (1 Viewer)

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
Hi Gord,

I'm directing this thread to you because of your association with TVShowsOnDVD.Com, I understand that you probably have more insight into television related releases than most and I have a specific question which hasn't been covered yet by any animation/DVD site, including yours, and it's been a concern of mine for the past few months...

- Berenstain Bears: Beary Good Lessons

- Berenstain Bears: A Little Goes A Long Way

Both of these DVD's were scheduled for release last year, January 28th, 2003.

As far as I know, these are the only 2 DVD releases to date which feature the original 1985-86 Nelvana series which I used to watch as a kid, so while the majority of people here might not be overly concerned with a "Berenstain Bears" release, these hold a fond nostalgia with me which is why they are of interest.

In any event, my concern is such:

Both discs have a proposed release date for Jan. 28, 2003 last year.

Both dvd's are also NON-EXISTANT!!!

I'm confused.

At every single DVD retailer on the net, both of these discs are either "on order", not in stock or just not listed!

All other Berenstain Bear releases from Columbia Tristar however, do seem to be available at most if not all e-tailers and I'd really like to know what happened to these particular releases?

They also seem to be the only 2 Berenstain Bear DVD's listed at various e-tailers which present no cover-art.

At first I had thought that perhaps they were distributed in limited numbers and have been either sold-out or discontinued, but the fact that no cover art is presented for either discs would lead me to believe that perhaps they were never produced in the first place!

Could there possibly have been a problem obtaining video distribution rights for the '85 series from Nelvana?

Here is what Amazon.com is now listing:

"Release date to be announced: The release date for this video has not been finalized. You may order it now and we will ship it to you when it arrives."

:confused:

It's been an entire year already, what is going on?!

Anyways, I'm just hoping you might be able to look into this Gord, or perhaps might already have some information that I don't.

The fact that an entire year has gone by and nobody has made mention of this would assumably not reflect well on the studio's initiative to push this back into the forefront as it'd likely indicate little concern or desire to have this 1985 series on DVD in the first place.

I'm hoping your websites affiliations w/ various studios might allow you to possibly contact somebody from Columbia to inquire about these discs...

Anyways, sorry to post such a long thread and direct it all at you, but I've just gone and negligantly placed a "pre-order" for both of these discs at one of the 3 e-tailers that are even listing them at this point and I'd really like to get some sort of understanding as to what'd been going on with these releases.

If you wouldn't mind bringing this up with your staff and possibly looking into these releases I would really appreciate it soo much!!!

Thanks a lot, Gord!!!

:)

JustinCleveland

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Justin Cleveland
You might want to get the title of the thread changed; Gord isn't the be-all and end-all of TV on DVD. This IS a forum afterall. If you really wanted it for Gord, you might try dropping him an email.

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
I actually tried to edit the title of this thread after posting to a specific description but wasn't sure how...

I never said anyone was the "end-all, be-all" of anything, but Gord does help manage a website dedicated to the release of television shows on DVD and his site is affiliated with various studio execs, hence my directing this question towards him. This topic does fit his "niche" so to speak, I see no reason why this would bother anyone.

This thread is evidently open to anyone who might be able to offer insight, though nobody else seems to have any information...

Kyle McKnight

Senior HTF Member
Marco, your really not supposed to call on certain people in thread titles. Also, just an FYI, you're not supposed to bump your thread either...If you want to change your title to something else, report your post to an admin and ask if they can.

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
Marco, I think what Justin was saying is that directing a thread at me might limit the number of people that read it and you might miss out on a good response from someone else. There are many, many people here that can answer most of the questions that pop up in the forum.

Unfortunately I wasn't able to dig any information up on either of those titles. I don't think they were distributed by Columbia TriStar, and they've been sitting on my "DVDs to Add" list for awhile. I remember coming across something ages ago, but I don't remember what it was. I think it was a smaller company that was distributing the titles.

Gord

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
Thanks Gord,

At the few places (including Amazon) where these titles are still tentatively listed, they all seem state Columbia Tristar as the studio distributor. I'm going to try and contact them at some point this week to try and get a definitive answer, hopefully somebody can fill me in on what's happening...

Anyways, I'm hoping that theres still potential for these to be released later in the year, I'd really love to see a few of these episodes again. I remember owning a vhs recording that my mom must've made for me as a child which I used to watch religiously when I was sick or stayed home from school. It'd be great to relive some of those memories from my childhood...

Also I understand about the title of the thread, unfortunately there isn't an option to edit it now though. I apologise for that.

* If a mod comes accross this post, perhaps he/she can edit it appropriately.

Thanks for your help, please let us know if you're able to obtain anymore details!

~ Marco.

Wezzo

Second Unit
Well, I can't offer much help here. I searched Google and various price-comparison websites, but to no avail. I did come across one website that had the titles listed as 'In Stock' on Kelkoo or something similar, but when I clicked the link it said 'Title deleted - not avaliable to ship'. No luck then.. :frowning:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks