New "RACCOONS" SEASON SETS??

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by MarcoBiscotti, Jun 30, 2004.

1. MarcoBiscotti

MarcoBiscotti Producer

Okay,

This was first brought to my attention last week when I sent an email over to Gord Lacey hoping that he might be able to offer further insight but now that more 'questionable' details have been listed, I'm posting this here for all to see (and hopefully offer further information on)...

I'm sure that you are all aware of a small Canadian production company by the name of Morningstar Entertainment who released a couple of DVD's last November from the award-winning 1985 Canadian animated series, "The Racoons"...

Well they released 3 individual volumes - Vol. 1, 2 & 3 - as well as a 3-disc box set comprising of all of the individual discs.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

* Now it seems that Morningstar Entertainment might have released some new "Raccoons" sets that have slipped under the radar.

Check these out...

- "Raccoons: Series 1" (?)

Click Me.

and subsequently...

- "Raccoons: Series 2" (?)

Click Me.

Has anyone heard anything at all about either of these titles?

Both are listed as Morningstar releases and both seemed to have been released last week, June 21st.

That seems odd in itself as the 21st would have been a Monday?

Furthermore, in looking over those listings, Amazon.ca suggests that we:

"Buy Raccoons: Series 1 with Raccoons: V1 today!" and "Buy Together Today: CDN$ 49.46, You Save: CDN$ 5.50".

This would leave one to assume that the content differs between what's already been released as "Volume 1" (of the three individual discs released last year) would obviously be different in terms of content than "Series 1" if both are being advertised together as a bargain offer from Amazon...

These are also retailing at an MSRP of $39.98 respectively, suggesting that they are obviously not single disc issues. The branding, 'series', would lead me to believe that these might in fact be season sets?

I've sent an email over to Morningstar's general contact regarding this as I've yet to see these listed with any other retailers, though a quick Google search on the titles did bring up a DVD site referancing release dates (fpsmagazine) in which both were mentioned.

I'd be surprised if these were released by such a small independant company without any sort of promotion or press ads but I'm dying to find out what these are all about...

Does anyone have any clues...

Gord, Dave, anybody??

2. MarcoBiscotti

MarcoBiscotti Producer

DVDBoxOffice.com is now listing a Raccoons Vols. 4, 5 and 6.

Could this be one of the "SERIES" box-sets that Amazon.ca is listing, and perhaps they accidentally relisted the older box containing the first 3 discs as well under the same title accounting for a Series 1 and Series 2?

3. David Williams

David Williams Cinematographer

I'd like to get this, as I remember watching it here in the US on either Disney or Nick during my formative years. I didn't realize until much later that it was a Canadian show, which helps explain some of the aspects I found puzzling when I was a kid (like Bert/Burt's (sp?) accent). Brings back fond memories.