What's new

What Warner shows would you like to see on bonus discs? (1 Viewer)

Ron Lee Green

Screenwriter
Gord Lacey posted on tvshowsondvd.com that Warner Bros. 2005 tv sets will also include a bonus disc of shows from their catalog of programs that aren't currently scheduled to be released on dvd.

So, here's my question:

Does anybody have a list of Warner's catalog of tv shows (particularly vintage programming)?

And...

What Warner shows would you like to see on these bonus
discs?

John Kilduff

Screenwriter
I'll give you 5 right off the top of my head:

"Perfect Strangers"
"Tiny Toon Adventures"
"Animaniacs!"
"Pinky And The Brain"
"Freakazoid!"

Since they may never announce any of these shows in season sets, I'd at least like two episodes from each on DVD.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

I hope they do eventually get the Spielberg cartoons on DVD in season sets. Next year, "Tiny Toon Adventures" is 15 years old and it will have been a decade since "Animaniacs! went to the WB and "Pinky And The Brain" and "Freakazoid!" went om the air.

Tory

-The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-
Real Name
Tory
I could be wrong, but Iam guessing these will be 80's sitcoms so Perfect Stranger chould be one, Does WB own them? I don't know who owns what show but Perfect Strangers is high priority, as is Head of the Class, Growing Pains, Jsut the 10 of Us, but the last two, I think Disney has. Family Matters may be one, if they have Perfect Strangers. Do they own Wings? Can anyone give me a list of series by owners?

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
They do own Perfect Strangers. I know because I asked about it at the last chat. Back then, they said they had no plans for PS, but that doesn't mean it hasn't been added since. If they do well with Full House, maybe they'll start looking at other Miller/Boyett Productions.

JeffT.

Deceased Member
"Yesterday we brought you news on six comedy titles that will debut on Feb 8th."--Gord Lacey

I read this announcement with considerable interest but (as usual) I'm lost as to just what's being addressed for there's no prior announcement of the aforementioned "six comedy titles" to be found anywhere in the TV SHOWS ON DVD bulletin queue.

What (exactly) are these six comedy titles anyway?

As for my (personal) picks I'd like very to see sample DVD discs of:

THE ADVENTURES OF SUPERMAN (Syndicated 1952-57, ABC 1957-58) starring George Reeves,

THE MAN FROM U.N.C.L.E. (NBC 1964-68) starring Robert Vaughn and David McCallum,

F TROOP (ABC 1965-67) starring Ken Berry,

THE GIRL FROM U.N.C.L.E. (NBC 1966-67) starring Stephanie Powers all four currently under the aegis of Warner Brothers Television.

Something else will (most) probably come to mind later!

Jeff T.

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
Hmm, how about some of the Bugs Bunny/Looney Tunes TV specials than, that would make for a perfect bonus disc and a great way to release TV specials that aren't likely to otherwise get produced...

"Bugs Bunny's Easter Special", "A Conneticut Rabbit In King Arthur's Court", "Bugs Bunny's Howl-Oween Special", "How Bugs Bunny Won The West", "The Bugs Bunny Mother's Day Special", "Bugs Bunny's Thanksgiving Diet", "Bugs Bunny's Looney Christmas Tales", "Daffy Duck's Easter Special", "Bugs Bunny's Valentine", "Bugs Bunny In Space", etc.

I think this promotional offer would be all the more special if the content of these bonus discs would be comprised of entirely-exclusive material. As much as I would love to see episodes of "Perfect Strangers", "Family Matters", "Steb By Step", "The Wonder Years", etc. those are all titles that assumably would or should be released to DVD in their own season sets in the future, so I think it would be a lot more special if these bonus discs were ones that would always hold their value in terms of content rather than 2 or 3 episodes of a series that will eventually be released in complete form rendering these discs useless in the months and years to come... That's my opinion.

JasonPW

Stunt Coordinator
Hmm, how about some of the Bugs Bunny/Looney Tunes TV specials than, that would make for a perfect bonus disc and a great way to release TV specials that aren't likely to otherwise get produced...

Actually, I think these might eventually see the light of day, perhaps in the same manner that "Garfield" specials have been released, three or four half-hour specials to a cheapy $9.99 disc....definitely marketed to the kiddies, as opposed to the Golden Collections.

Now as far as these bonus discs, how about an episode of "The Bugs Bunny Show" (ABC, 1960-1962)...or maybe "77 Sunset Strip" or "Hawaiian Eye"?

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member

I a.g.r.e.e.

Adventures of Superman would be good, as would Perfect Strangers, Tiny Tunes and the rest of those cartoons...Drew Carey Show, Whose Line is it anyway, Welcome Back Kotter...and I'm sure plenty more that I could pick.

Ron Lee Green

Screenwriter
Thanks, Gord, for the link to Warner titles. I didn't see anything I'm really craving. I'm disappointted with their meager list of vintage programming titles.

I agree with Marco that these should be exclusive dvd's that won't be released sometime down the road. Something obscure. That's the only way I can justify buying some of their dvd sets I'm not interested in just for the bonus disc.

I'm interested in the ABC Saturday Superstar Movie where they took live action shows like Bewitched, Lost in Space and That Girl and turned them into an animated specials. Also, some of their obscure episodic programs like California Fever or Harry O which had special guest stars.

They also have a lot of great cheesy 70's TV Movies.

Warner Bros., Are you listening?? Give the consumer what they want. . . and you get what you want$$$

Rob P S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
rob
Looking for...
Alice
China Beach
Life Goes On
Third Watch
Don't Go to Sleep

LizH

Second Unit
What about "Growing Pains" ... Or "Living Single" ... Or "Step by Step"?

They've all been in syndication forever. :P

Daniel`D

Stunt Coordinator
All of mine are from the 90s so they are few from vintage but if any of these were featured (very, very small chance of that) I'd pick it up.

"Black Sash" (2003)
"Drew Carey Show, The" (1995)
"Eve" (2003)
"Everything's Relative" (1999)
"Family Matters" (1989)
"Jesse" (1998)
"Living Single" (1993)
"Sabrina, the Teenage Witch" (1996)
"Step by Step" (1991)
"Two of a Kind" (1998)
"Unhappily Ever After" (1995)
"Veronica's Closet" (1997)
"What I Like About You" (2002)

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
7th Hwaven is owned by Paramount, and the 1st season has already been released (or is going to be soon) by them.

Is anyone else getting a "Cannot Find Server" error when they click on Gord's link to the IMDB's list of WB-produced shows, or is it just me?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks