Question about Make Room for Daddy (a.k.a. The Danny Thomas Show)

Worth

Cinematographer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick Dobbs
Amazon streaming is available in Canada if you have Prime, but it's really only useful for their original productions.

Reactions: Flashgear

Randy Korstick

Cinematographer
Senior HTF Member
This season I already have on DVD.....Wonder if AMAZON will do more seasons ??
What Amazon currently has is not correctly labeled according to the correct seasons.
Season 1 = Season 5
Season 2 = Season 6
Season 3 = Season 7

Only Season 5 and 6 were released on DVD. Season 7 has never been released on DVD. So I started there. Hopefully they will add more seasons since no one seems to want to release this show on DVD.

mark-edk

Second Unit
Last night watched the episode that was a pilot for Andy Griffith--I actually remember seeing this when it aired on CBS...makes me kind of old doesn't it? This time I noticed several choppy edits (they apparently had to do a lot of trimming to get this into a half-hour time slot). Plus the scene where Andy is dickering with the guy over a rented suit had some odd cropping and a few optical zoom-ins, apparently to hide the fact that there was another person in the scene, sitting in a chair across from Andy. You can just make out parts of a leg and a hand on the left edge of the screen that would not have been visible on the TVs of the time. Wonder who it was...

Larry.P

Stunt Coordinator
Last night watched the episode that was a pilot for Andy Griffith--I actually remember seeing this when it aired on CBS...makes me kind of old doesn't it? This time I noticed several choppy edits (they apparently had to do a lot of trimming to get this into a half-hour time slot). Plus the scene where Andy is dickering with the guy over a rented suit had some odd cropping and a few optical zoom-ins, apparently to hide the fact that there was another person in the scene, sitting in a chair across from Andy. You can just make out parts of a leg and a hand on the left edge of the screen that would not have been visible on the TVs of the time. Wonder who it was...
FYI for those who don't know, there is a beautiful HD transfer of this episode with original opening and cast commercial on the CBS blu ray release of The Andy Griffith Show Season 1.

mark-edk

Second Unit
Finished up season 'three'. Kind of ironic how Danny tells his newly married daughter 'you'll always be in my life' in what I think may be her last appearance in the series. Presumably the same is true for Pat Harrigan. I remember him being a part of the show so vividly it surprised me to find he was just a recurring character for one season.

In the season finale Danny tells the story of his early career, and how he worked at a theater in Detroit. This rang a bell with me, because my mom liked to tell the story of the time she went to downtown Detroit and saw this young comic named Amos Jacobs. She'd recall how she was sure he'd never make it in show business, and laugh about her faulty forecast.

sjbradford

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
sjbradford
That was Terry’s last appearance in the regular series. She turned up in the first episode of the revival series, “Make Room for Granddaddy”, 10 years later, played by the original actress, Sherry Jackson. She is now married to someone other than Pat, and drops off her son for Danny and Kathy to look after, setting up the premise of the new series.

BobO'Link

Lead Actor
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Is there a way to record them?
I finally remembered and checked last night. It is possible to download the episodes to a Fire tablet for offline/later viewing. But there's no way I know of to get them off that device to play on a computer or other device.

Joe Lugoff

Effects Supervisor
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe
Well, I remember reading -- and, of course, this was like 50 years ago -- that no one on the set of "That Girl" could wear yellow but her. :rolleyes:

Joe Lugoff

Effects Supervisor
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe
Oh, yes, me, too. About 50 years ago, he came to my town for a St. Jude charity event, and a woman who was there told my friend that he spent most of his time hitting on the women.

Joe Lugoff

Effects Supervisor
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe
Wow, that's TMI. I'll never be able to look at him in the same way again.

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Therma123