What's new

The Danny Thomas Show (1 Viewer)

his1

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Howard Ian Stern
Just joined and reading all the posts of THE DANNY THOMAS SHOW/MAKE ROOM FOR DADDY and I also sent an email to COZI-TV as they stopped airing it last January! Always my fave show growing up and fascinated by all the different apartments they had! It was wonderful to FINALLY see seasons 10/11 which haven't been in ANY syndication package since CBS reran it during 1965. SFM Entertainment did a mammoth job digitizing these last two seasons! I actually love it in the 16X9 blow-up with no distortion but sad they have to cut 4 minutes out of every episode because in the OLD DAYS 30 minute shows had ONLY 4 minutes for ads as opposed to now where there are 11! I'd love to hear from fellow fans of this series!

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
Big fan, I watched it every week back when it first ran. I own the two seasons that have been released on disc so far. I’ve been patiently waiting for the complete series to turn up on DVD hopefully with complete episodes, although I’d still buy syndicated episodes.
It’s not that far fetched: the company that owns the rights has released complete series sets on Wyatt Earp , and the Joey Bishop Show.

his1

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Howard Ian Stern
Big fan, I watched it every week back when it first ran. I own the two seasons that have been released on disc so far. I’ve been patiently waiting for the complete series to turn up on DVD hopefully with complete episodes, although I’d still buy syndicated episodes.
It’s not that far fetched: the company that owns the rights has released complete series sets on Wyatt Earp , and the Joey Bishop Show.
So cool! I thought I was the only fan of this show! I don't think there will be a complete-series DVD since I asked the distributor, SFM Entertainment, and they said not at this point. I also have the 2 boxed-sets and yep, they're edited. When Pushed them to digitize the final 2 seasons, they did. These episodes were never part of any syndication or daytime-run package as well as never been broadcast since CBS reran them during the summer of 1965. What amazes me is the prints are immaculate and crisp and when they transferred the original 1:137 picture to 16X9, it looks perfect! I wonder if and when Cozi-TV will start to show them again and also wonder if that network is in HD somewhere in the country, not here in LA! Great to hear from a fellow fan. I sent an email to Angela Cartwright months ago saying I wanted to write a definitive book on this show, but not a reply at all!

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
So cool! I thought I was the only fan of this show! I don't think there will be a complete-series DVD since I asked the distributor, SFM Entertainment, and they said not at this point. I also have the 2 boxed-sets and yep, they're edited. When Pushed them to digitize the final 2 seasons, they did. These episodes were never part of any syndication or daytime-run package as well as never been broadcast since CBS reran them during the summer of 1965. What amazes me is the prints are immaculate and crisp and when they transferred the original 1:137 picture to 16X9, it looks perfect! I wonder if and when Cozi-TV will start to show them again and also wonder if that network is in HD somewhere in the country, not here in LA! Great to hear from a fellow fan. I sent an email to Angela Cartwright months ago saying I wanted to write a definitive book on this show, but not a reply at all!
Count me in if you do write that book!
There’s a thread here about books on TV shows.
BTW, my wife and I watched a terrific movie today on Blu-ray, called JENNY, and starring Marlo and Alan Alda.

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
That thread is “What TV Shows Should Have A Making Of Book”.
You should read through it and mention your possible MRFD book!

his1

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Howard Ian Stern
Count me in if you do write that book!
There’s a thread here about books on TV shows.
BTW, my wife and I watched a terrific movie today on Blu-ray, called JENNY, and starring Marlo and Alan Alda.
Loved that movie! Too bad Marlo didn’t do more theatrical films! I bet she’d be happy with my writing a book about the show. Will see if she’s on Twitter or Linked in!

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
Loved that movie! Too bad Marlo didn’t do more theatrical films! I bet she’d be happy with my writing a book about the show. Will see if she’s on Twitter or Linked in!
Marlo really admired her father, so I’m sure she’ll love to see someone finally paying tribute to his most famous work.

his1

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Howard Ian Stern
Marlo really admired her father, so I’m sure she’ll love to see someone finally paying tribute to his most famous work.
Thanks.Will see if she responds to me on Twitter.😇

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
Your thread has gotten me interested in seeing the show again especially those two rare final seasons. I’m thinking of reaching out to other collectors since SFM doesn’t seem to have any interest at all in the show and complete remastered seasons don’t seem likely to appear on DVD.
Odd- it was such entertaining , popular and long running show!

his1

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Howard Ian Stern
Your thread has gotten me interested in seeing the show again especially those two rare final seasons. I’m thinking of reaching out to other collectors since SFM doesn’t seem to have any interest at all in the show and complete remastered seasons don’t seem likely to appear on DVD.
Odd- it was such entertaining , popular and long running show!
I JUST sent Marlo a Tweet; let's see if I get any response. Will also check that thread out!

The 1960's

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neal Rose
Not a thing yet!
Howard welcome to HTF! In regards to Make Room for Daddy aka The Danny Thomas Show, check out the following.
icon_e_thumbsup.gif

Episodes of Classic TV Shows Out Of Syndication

Is the b&w era of TV on DVD slowly coming to an end?

Is the b&w era of TV on DVD slowly coming to an end?

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
Regarding Make Room For Daddy on DVD, I’m surprised MPI or Shout Factory never took a shot at the show.

his1

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Howard Ian Stern
I wonder why she doesn’t act any more. After the show I really thought she’d be a big star. Oh well, I studied acting and I became a Teacher!🥸

his1

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Howard Ian Stern
Regarding Make Room For Daddy on DVD, I’m surprised MPI or Shout Factory never took a shot at the show.
Since the 2 seasons weren’t successful on DVD and the distributor told me it wasn’t financially possible to continue the discs with little or no interest. I just want Cozi TV to start airing them again 😇!

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
Since the 2 seasons weren’t successful on DVD and the distributor told me it wasn’t financially possible to continue the discs with little or no interest. I just want Cozi TV to start airing them again 😇!
I don’t think either small company involved in the releases did much to promote them especially S’mores -a shame because it was such a popular long running show, and Danny was a major star. It might have sold if people knew it was out.
The company that now owns the rights has released complete series sets on Wyatt Earp, and the Joey Bishop Show, but I can see where the complete 11 season ( or even 8 season) release of MEFD/DTS might be a bit daunting.
I was kind of hoping another company like MPI might take a shot at it.
Meanwhile, my quest to find a reliable source for seasons 6-11 hasn’t been fruitful!

his1

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Howard Ian Stern
I don’t think either small company involved in the releases did much to promote them especially S’mores -a shame because it was such a popular long running show, and Danny was a major star. It might have sold if people knew it was out.
The company that now owns the rights has released complete series sets on Wyatt Earp, and the Joey Bishop Show, but I can see where the complete 11 season ( or even 8 season) release of MEFD/DTS might be a bit daunting.
I was kind of hoping another company like MPI might take a shot at it.
Meanwhile, my quest to find a reliable source for seasons 6-11 hasn’t been fruitful!
Well after checking/googling around it doesn't seem to be airing anywhere currently. Your Seasons 6-11 quest might be resolved if and when COZI-TV decides to air it again and then you can just DVR those seasons in your library. I doubt with the DVD industry slowing fading into oblivion there's every going to be a complete set of every show in 6-11!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks