What's new

The Danny Thomas Show (1 Viewer)

his1

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Howard Ian Stern
Your thread has gotten me interested in seeing the show again especially those two rare final seasons. I’m thinking of reaching out to other collectors since SFM doesn’t seem to have any interest at all in the show and complete remastered seasons don’t seem likely to appear on DVD.
Odd- it was such entertaining , popular and long running show!
One of the longest running sitcoms in history. 11 Seasons and in those days they did around 33 per season, not like today's shows. It's a disgrace that with all the ads today's sitcoms are 21 mins. and 60-minute shows run 43! And the Networks con't get why their audiences dwindle every single year!

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
Giving a heads up. Danny Thomas Show is currently airing on IMDB-TV. Seasons 6-11, with a couple of exceptions which were encoded wrong, are airing complete and in proper 4x3 aspect ratio, for those of us who like to watch shows without people's heads cut off. Right now they have the same butchered season 5 episodes that came out on DVD years ago but the uncut versions will be replacing them soon. Also, season 4 will be coming as well! As for the first 3 seasons, well, we know that's never going to happen. But, teaser alert, down the road, Make Room For Granddaddy will be coming too! That may take a while as those elements haven't been touched in 50 years so there's a lot of work that needs to be done on them.

his1

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Howard Ian Stern
Giving a heads up. Danny Thomas Show is currently airing on IMDB-TV. Seasons 6-11, with a couple of exceptions which were encoded wrong, are airing complete and in proper 4x3 aspect ratio, for those of us who like to watch shows without people's heads cut off. Right now they have the same butchered season 5 episodes that came out on DVD years ago but the uncut versions will be replacing them soon. Also, season 4 will be coming as well! As for the first 3 seasons, well, we know that's never going to happen. But, teaser alert, down the road, Make Room For Granddaddy will be coming too! That may take a while as those elements haven't been touched in 50 years so there's a lot of work that needs to be done on them.
Hi Neil! FYI I checked out the IMDb version and unfortunately they have been butchered because I also checked out the Filmrise streaming network and they didn’t cut the opening scene of the same episode!

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
Hi Neil! FYI I checked out the IMDb version and unfortunately they have been butchered because I also checked out the Filmrise streaming network and they didn’t cut the opening scene of the same episode!
What are you talking about? I said season five is cut but the others aren't. Filmrise is uncut but the aspect ratio is screwed up and there's black bars all around the picture.

his1

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Howard Ian Stern
What are you talking about? I said season five is cut but the others aren't. Filmrise is uncut but the aspect ratio is screwed up and there's black bars all around the picture.
I watched an episode from Season 10 and on IMDb the 1st scene was cut but not on Filmrise.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
I watched an episode from Season 10 and on IMDb the 1st scene was cut but not on Filmrise.
Which episode? A couple of weeks ago, IMDB had the 21 minute Cozi versions of season 10 up but that's since been corrected. When did you watch it?

his1

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Howard Ian Stern
Which episode? A couple of weeks ago, IMDB had the 21 minute Cozi versions of season 10 up but that's since been corrected. When did you watch it?
FilmWise App had the original 25 minute one s!

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
About 12 days ago!
Wish you could tell me which episode so I can contact the proper people to get it corrected.

The Filmrise ones are useless to me with black bars all around the picture, so obviously either encoded wrong. IMDB has them in their proper 4x3 form.

gbrobeck

Auditioning
Real Name
Greg Brobeck
Seasons 4-11 are available for free on PlutoTV and SlingTV's apps as well. Great to see the season 4 shows uncut finally! It appears one is missing though - S04E17: The Girl from Iowa.

BTW, this isn't technically my first post here, I had an account years ago that I can't seem to get back into.

Last edited:

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
Seasons 4-11 are available for free on PlutoTV and SlingTV's apps as well. Great to see the season 4 shows uncut finally! It appears one is missing though - S04E17: The Girl from Iowa.

BTW, this isn't technically my first post here, I had an account years ago that I can't seem to get back into.
Is season 4 uncut? In proper 4x3 aspect ratio?

his1

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Howard Ian Stern
I doubt it's in HD even though it's advertised as such. I think the picture looks like shit; definitely NOT HD!

gbrobeck

Auditioning
Real Name
Greg Brobeck
They certainly look great to me. Miles better than the blurry and choppy episodes that were in syndication for all those years.

gbrobeck

Auditioning
Real Name
Greg Brobeck
The Cozi episodes did look good. The ones on PlutoTV look just as good in my opinion. I was referring to the reruns from years gone by.

his1

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Howard Ian Stern
Funny as I thought the show on COZI looked superb!
When I was a kid all the reruns on every show looked like it was a 16MM prints compared to the prime time versions that were definitely in 35MM! Just an interesting observation. Yes the COZI prints looked the best and I don’t have Pluto to compare but your a cinematographer and hopefully enjoy my comments!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks