What's new

Question about JBL NPS1 (1 Viewer)

Pablo Abularach

Supporting Actor
HI,

I just bought a Marantz SR6200, and I read that the output power is rated 105x5, and I was thing on buying a JBL NPS1 package with a JBL PB12. But in the specs of the speakers it says recomended power 10-100W. So I'm a little worried because I'm new into Hometheaters, maybe you can help me out with my questions

1) Do you think the extra 5W will be a problem.
2) Do anyone know if this reciever really outputs 105x5
3) If the Output is a problem, do you think the N26 or N28 are good options.

Thanks for any replies

Pablo Abularach

tommy_esq

Stunt Coordinator
So what is the concensus about the differences between the NSP1 and NSP1II ? I was considering pulling the trigger on the NSP1II set up for about $300. However, I've recently seen prices as low as $209 for the NSP1. Does the difference between the two merit $90?

Anyone?
Phil??

Phil Iturralde

Screenwriter
Does the difference between the two merit $90?
No - (the following was in an older HTF thread) ...
The original N & S-Series were released in 1999, and the latest N & S-Series MARK II announced Jan. 2002. The official word (via JBL Customer Service email) is that the changes with the MARK II are mostly cosmetic; driver cone finish, extra tweeter protection, slightly altered enclosure dimensions on some models. Interestingly, the biggest change is the Northridge N26II, which now uses a wood enclosure over the molded plastic enclosure similar to the N24II speaker. So, if you review the News Releases below (linked both original and MARK II), specification wise, no change in performance.
NOTE: The MARK II Series is a result of a lost suit by BOSE - bass port patent #721, so the MARK II bass port (called JBL's FreeFlow™ port technology) was redesigned.
If you can, get the original series to save $$$!
FYI INFO: Official Newsrelease
19 August 1999 NEW JBL NORTHRIDGE SERIES LOUDSPEAKERS OFFER OUTSTANDING PERFORMANCE AND EXCEPTIONAL VALUE
vs.
8 January 2002 INTRODUCING JBL NORTHRIDGE™ SERIES MARK II LOUDSPEAKERS: NOW OFFERING EVEN BETTER PERFORMANCE AND VALUE
=====
19 August 1999 NEW JBL STUDIO SERIES HOME-THEATER AND STEREO LOUDSPEAKERS BRING STUDIO-QUALITY SOUND TO CONSUMERS
vs.
8 January 2002 JBL INTRODUCES UPGRADED STUDIO™ SERIES MARK II LOUDSPEAKER LINE WITH IMPROVED FEATURES AND TECHNOLOGIES
=====
For more JBL N & S-Series Speaker INFO & Reviews w/links, see my web page Why you should add JBL N & S Series to your audition list!.
NOTE: Because my website is 'free', hosted by GeoCities, if too many HT enthusiasts visit, GeoCities will shut it down for an hour or so because it exceeded the specified 'freebie' Data Transfer Rate. Sorry about that, just bookmark it and visit my site an hour later or when everyone has gone to bed!
Phil

Pablo Abularach

Supporting Actor
Phil,

Thanks for helping me with the questions, I'm looking foward to buying the NPS1 and intalling the SR5200.

Thanks again for explaning everything so detailed.
Pablo Abularach

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I setup a 5200 with the NSP-1 and a SA-WM40 for a friend, and it sounded quite good. Not spectacular for music, very good for movies, and FAR better than any HTiB in the same price class.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.