What's new
World Wide Stereo

question about dvi hookups (1 Viewer)

pcdoug

Auditioning
Real Name
doug mashburn
I have a hitachi 57swx20b, it does not have the hdmi plug , only a dvi plug. I also a comcast digital hd box . my first question is ,From the hd box to the tv would i get a better reception if i used a dvi cord instead of the video componet cords( i am not sure what they are called)? And my second question is , i will have a onkyo 606 with a panasonic bd30 blu-ray. Will i have any problems with video with this since my tv does not have any hdmi plugs? also, i have not bought the blu-ray or any plugs yet , i was waiting on this. thanks in advance

Stephen Tu

Screenwriter
You can use a HDMI->DVI cable with that TV.

But component will also work perfectly fine until the "image constraint token" ever starts to be utilized on blu-ray restricting component output. There's not a substantial difference between HDMI & component for non-1080p sets.

connector_guy

Auditioning
Real Name
Will
DVI does not carry sound, HDMI does. Be aware you'll need to get sound hooked up separately too.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Oussa13
Recent bookmarks