What's new

Question about downloading (1 Viewer)

Jon_Are

Senior HTF Member
I've recently upgraded to WindowsXP. Because my scanner no longer works, I determined that I need to go to the Visioneer website and download an updated driver.

I found the download area I need and clicked on the 'download' button. All that happened was that the screen showed a blank web page with a small icon in the upper left corner (the icon had three small different-colored shapes).

This has happened to me in the past and I've never figured it out. Because I am able to download some things (I just now upgraded my DVD Profiler), I suspect that the fault is with the site (?)

Anyone know for sure?

Any advice on getting my driver?

Thanks!

Jon

Jon_Are

Senior HTF Member
Thanks, Andre, but I got an email today from the Visioneer support site:

Please be advised that the Visioneer scanner you have does not work under Win XP, There will be no new drivers written, and no upgrades done to make them compliant.

It would be advised that you install the Visioneer scanner only to systems with Windows 95/98 or NT4.0 , as indicated on the box.
I love that line, as indicated on the box.

Oh, yeah...you mean the box that I threw out three years ago when I bought your piece of crap?? Nice job, Visioneer, planning and allowing for my future needs.

Jon

Brian E

Screenwriter
In all fairness how long are manufacturers supposed to support old product with new drivers? It does cost money to write drivers for stuff. If it's a $1,000 scanner I would expect them to offer some support still. If it's a $100 scanner I don't see how they can be expected to write and host new drivers. Visioneer isn't alone in this either. HP, UMAX, etc. do the same thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks